“Excellent four star beachfront holiday resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cliff Resort & Residences

The Cliff Resort & Residences
Ranked #10 of 122 Hotels in Phan Thiet
“Excellent four star beachfront holiday resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2017

If Mui Ne is the chosen destination for a holiday stay, this hotel is a good choice. Location is very good, direct at a nice part of the sandy beach, yet a bit away from the tourist street noise, but still not too far away. It needs a 1,5-2 km walk, local bus (Euro 0,50 per person), or a cab (Euro 2), to get to the the good restaurants and Lounge bars. Good location for walks along the beach, each direction.

The Cliff Resort staff service is great (all departments), nice staff, well trained. Pleasant, and visible hotel management.

Possibly a fresh up (deep clean enough) of bathrooms and especially showers and floor (painting is ok), would lift the room feel even more (no capex needed for achieving this, just some hard work on elbows and knees). No critics, just a tip.

Room Tip: There are rooms, bungalows and villas for each pocket (budget)
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Michael H,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at The Cliff Resort & Residences and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very pleased that you found the location suitable for beach walks but most
importantly I am pleased that our staff left you a lasting impression as we work
diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest. It is nice to know
when we have succeeded.

Thank you very much for your remark which constantly help us in improving our standards.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I had a good experience at The Cliff!
The room of mine is on the 1st floor, which is nice, large n clean but I think if I stayed on the upstairs, the view would be nicer.
Services are good. They had welcome drink when coming, fruit in the room, chocolate at night and also afternoon tea.
Staff were friendly. They knew how to take care customers!
Breakfast buffet was nice with different choices.
Nice view to take pictures.
Large swimming pool n clean beach.
Btw, I only had a problem with air condition. It was too hot.
However, the staff repaired it quickly since I required.

Stayed February 2017, travelled with family
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 13 February 2017
Dear Nguyễn Thảo H,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at The Cliff Resort & Residences.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. But what pleased me the most is that you fully enjoyed the service provided by our staff, which is what we work hardest at.

On the other hand I am happy to know that the A/C problem was solved immediately.

We are glad to know that we were able to fulfill your expectations and hope to have the privilege to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 wonderful nights in their two bedroom suite and loved every second. The location of the hotel, whilst a 10-15min motorbike (or taxi) from the more happening area with restaurants etc, is the perfect picturesque location right on the beach with gorgeous water views. The hotel has almost everything you need and even provides free bicycle rental which we found was a great way to explore mui ne. The room was a great size for 4 people. The jacuzzi was cleaned daily by housekeeping and Bích Hang (our housekeeper during our stay) always did a great job tidying up the room for us.

The resort offers amazing customer service. Most of the staff really try to engage in conversation with you, even if they only speak a little english. They also really try to assist you as much as they can. We really appreciated the friendly faces of Smith and Anh, who provided great service with a smile which really helped with starting the day on the right note.

My only critique of the hotel was the wifi was a little patchy, especially in the evening when there are lots of people trying to use the wifi. So that could get a little frustrating sometimes. Also the rooms could do with a few extra cooking utensils. Other than that for the price we payed we really believe we got a bargain. Excellent value for money. Should we return to Mui Ne we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2017, travelled with friends
Dear Josephine T,

We really appreciate your full marks and I am delighted to read that Bích Hang, Smith,
Anh and the entire staff took such good care of you during your stay. Our team strives to deliver the highest levels of personal service and everyone in the team, including the
management, like to engage with our guests at every opportunity.

We do provide bicycles, free of charge, during the day. As you mentioned, it is an easy
and fun way to discover the area.

We apologize for the problem with the Wi-Fi. There is free coverage all over the resort but now and then, the country experienced some issues, I do hope it wasn’t a major issue for you and that you were finally able to use the service.

Do not hesitate to contact directly with us upon your next trip, we will be happy to welcome you and make it unforgettable again.

With my warmest regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Okay people, this review is EPIC!!!
Sooooo The Cliff Resort and Residences, we booked many many months before and we began our stay in a Verde room for 6 nights. Firstly size-wise it was awesome and it had a kitchen which for a family with a 3year old was the biggest draw for us, the bungalows don't really cater for kids unless you can afford a big suite with a giant jump in price. Annoyingly there are other guests hanging around on the couches outside the rooms next door smoking so that's not so nice for non-smokers and my child to be around. Sadly the more budget option is the Verde room (still a pricey room for Vietnam!) and it is a dark damp-smelly room that sees no light either so forget about your swimmers drying or even your towels drying overnight. Previous reports called it a basement room and that's exactly what you are getting really. We asked housekeeping to come by twice to attempt to fix it (as moving rooms is a big big pain) and that was just them spraying some citrus cleaner around and leaving two or three more full-on burners of lemongrass oil, so much so it burns your eyes, so you either get breathing issues from the damp stench of hidden mould like I did or suffer the over-perfumed saturation headaches of the oils masking the mouldy smell, no winning at all...and there was no following up from the hotel with us to see how it went either until I went to reception and told them the next day that we just needed another room on Day 2, they weren't even surprised.. really guys, that's UNACCEPTABLE. We were shown another room exactly of the same available in Verde room and it stank too, so we told them no to that move, seriously there was zero point. I was told that as we booked through Booking.com and NOT directly with the Resort (yep you get punished!) they told us our options were to downgrade (losing money as no refunds for a cheaper and smaller but very lovely room - Azul Sea it is gorgeous but not kid friendly with the balconies) or upgrade for a cost of basically another night at their higher website rates for a garden view Bungalow. Considering it wasn't our fault their rooms were 'faulty', why was this my loss to bear?? Amazingly the understanding of this was ignored and we were not impressed so this marred an otherwise PERFECT stay. Our choices weren't big and we still had a lot of days left there with a wedding for our friends coming up. We moved to a Bungalow and they helped move us with the buggies etc but this was definitely a big stain on the high standard of service we hoped for - not even an apology, very disappointed.

So so many amazing things to tell you about this place though, but this really upset me as no one can be expected to stay in a room like that affecting your health! I felt pretty unwell.

So here are the good things because I am fair: Gorgeous staff generally every single day and really really helpful when it came to concierge type stuff like booking a dinner for a group, more towels, and the tricky task of finding a GOOD funky cool hairdresser (thank you so much to the very kind and beautiful French lady on reception!!). Plus I left my Fitbit charger in our first room and they found it and sent it back to me in Australia, now that's 5* treatment! Cool!
Amazing delicious food (reasonably priced) at the restaurant, we ate here a lot as my son had a thing for the Phò and I had a thing for the cocktails!! OHHH and don't get caught by the wording of the happy hour cocktails like I did!!! You have to BUY TWO cocktails and your THIRD one is free and I think they alllll need to be the same one too sadly..so that's not my favourite when it came to the wording of the happy hour (Buy 2 & get 1 free is not like we understood it to be), just clarify (a few times!) when you see deals like this in Vietnam. But not a big deal.
Breakfast gets a bit boring after a few days but it's still delicious and pretty extensive so you just need to mix it up and try new things.
BEAUTIFUL beach, so clean and so good for swimming in the morning before it gets too windy later in the day. The pool is also very clean and just excellent, but do be careful on the steps for dips that are easily missed if the lights are not on yet, oooooouch. The swimup pool bar is so perfect for cocktails and you can order cocktails upstairs too and get them to take away down to the beach..sigh..sooo good. I miss them already.
Didn't use the movie theatre or the games room as too busy chilling elsewhere. The kids room is tiny tiny tiny and always empty (missed opportunity for a Kids Club guys! Or maybe it's just not widely advertised??) so that's a bit sad but the playground is gorgeous and had seven slides, my toddler loooved it. The grounds are immaculate and so peaceful/blissful, everyone smiles and says hi, loved that. The 2hr deal at the Zest spa is totally worth it $-wise as the coffee scrub + massage + pedi was amazing.
We were there for a friends wedding and also to celebrate my 40th birthday but they forgot they said they were going to give me a cake in an earlier email so that was a bit sad for me as I didn't get to see what kind (the mini cakes at breakfast each day were always different and so so tasty!!) and I was a bit embarrassed to ask for it when I was promised it, but oh well.
Suggestions for folks, pack thin materials that will dry quicker as the humidity does not help, but fresh air does aid in quicker drying of swimmers and clothes etc outside, so go for rooms with balconies to get air in your room and clothes. The Bungalows are beautiful and bathrooms make your stay feel luxurious, hammocks too and you are totally spoiled. I LOVED THIS HOTEL.

Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
Dear GoodGodYes,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of services and spa and beach quality, I am very sorry to read of the difficulties you experienced with our Verde condominium. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort this may have caused.

I apologize because the room was not to your liking, since it was interior room. I am really sorry you and your family had a difficult start with us and even though your discomfort was finally solved, you should have received some sympathetic apologies.

Your feedback is a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive
comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests in our hotel.

We would like to thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and we do
hope you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again on some future
occasion.

Faithfully yours,

Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2017

Second time at cliff resort.

Best bed, pillow , clean ,quiet !!!
Drinking at pool bar was awesome.

Because of staff, Mr. lap, our family ( 10 people) had a wonderful time at muine.
Manger and all staff were really kind !

Plus, massage at cliff was quite soft and made us to be more relax~ price was reasonable.

Breakfast also good! eating quite western food with wonderful view, but there were no tips for eating banh can..

We visited cliff restaurant at 2 times, but every time it was difficult to call waitress.

I recommend cafe sua da !

Sincerely miss muine.

Room Tip: 445 is better than 441(it has a wall inside the room)
  • Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 6 February 2017
Dear sooa27,

I love reading such a great review following your 2nd stay at The Cliff Resort & Residences! We are always thrilled when our guests return.

It is rewarding for all our staff members to know we have made your stay an
unforgettable one. We pride ourselves in creating beautiful memories thanks to our
staff members, our facilities and the services we offer. I am so glad you were able to
enjoy our relaxing massages at Zest Spa, highly recommended.

I have shared with Lap your friendly comments, he is always ready to help our guests.

Thank you for mentioning him, he is a real asset!

I am sorry you experienced some difficulties when trying to order food in the
restaurant, I will inform our Food & Beverages manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back at The Cliff Resort & Residences, your home in Mui Ne.

Kind regards,