All reviews sea view mui ne private beach view room swim up bar jet ski nice beach swimming pool stayed nights buffet breakfast seafood special thanks the main strip ho chi minh sand dunes fairy stream terra
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I think the title of my review sums up our experience pretty well. As a family of three (including a two year old boy), we felt this was a nice and practical resort that offered an excellent room for the price. However, if we were just traveling as a couple, I would have booked a smaller room at the Princess Annam or Anantara instead.

Check in at the hotel was easy and efficient. And although there were some minor hiccups at restaurant, we felt the overall standard of service was good here.

We stayed in an ocean-view room with outdoor bath and balcony, and we were very pleased with the value for the money. Besides a great view of the ocean, the room was very spacious and decently appointed with a full kitchen.

Its a bit unfortunate that the design of the resort is rather sterile, with a "modern" theme that makes no attempt to incorporate traditional Vietnamese culture or aesthetics. Nevertheless, it is built to a pretty high standard and has good facilities and amenities (large pool, kids playground, game room, spa, and jet ski rental).

Unlike many other resorts in this area, the Cliff caters to Vietnamese guests more than Russians. This may explain why the restaurant has better than average food (for a beach resort at least). Obviously, cheaper and better meals can be had in "no frills" local eateries outside the resort, but the Vietnamese food here was decent (my Vietnamese wife can vouch for it) and the food & beverages here were not a total rip off. For example, cocktails were around $6.

The big letdown here is the beach. I have been to Mui Ne/Phan Thiet before so I knew not to expect world-beating beaches with fine white sand. Because the beaches here aren't fantastic to begin with (Da Nang and Nha Trang are better, to say nothing of Thai, Malaysian or Philippine beaches) but I expect the resorts to do a better job keeping the beaches clean. I know there are fishing villages nearby, but every resort in Vietnam has to deal with that, so its no excuse for the considerable litter and debris I found while taking a dip with my son.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear Sammo2005,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at The Cliff Resort & Residences and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the recognition of our value.

We deeply apologize if you felt our beach wasn’t kept as clean as it should have been but I can ensure you that a daily cleaning is organized early morning. Despite our efforts, depending on the wind and the current, we sometimes have a lot of debris coming from the sea. I also would like to inform you that a lot of resorts in the area are participating to “ Keep Mui Ne Clean” campaign, which is a massive beach and street cleaning, once per month. So, as you can appreciate, hoteliers are well aware and deeply concerned about keeping our beaches and Mui Ne as clean as possible. I wish everybody would feel the same way.

Thank you for your understanding. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and provide you and your family with a better beach experience.

Best regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We went there for 3 days to celebrate my friend's birthday. I contacted the hotel and asked them could anything be done for my friend. They sent us a birthday cake at the night of her birthday. We couldn't be happier as the cake was delicious, everyone love it so much that we didn't the cake we brought with ourselves.

The staff are nice and friendly. We don't have to reach our for their help as they always seem to be eager to attend our needs.

Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Nam L,

Thank you for choosing The Cliff Resort & Residences to celebrate this special occasion with us. We are very happy that you and your friend had a positive experience and that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your good words.

I am delighted to read that you particularly appreciated the birthday cake, we are all going out of our way to make sure all our guests have a wonderful time.

Thank you also for your mention about the hotel staff. I have shared your kind words with them.

We would like to thank you again and we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again on some future occasion;

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Come back again after 4 years. Stayed 2 nights at Azul pool view which was nice decoration and comfortable bed.
The year end party was full of guests and many activities during a night
Services was good and breakfast with many choice from Asian foods.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Thaiminhson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your 2nd visit at The Cliff Resort & Residences.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay, you appreciated the service and all our
facilities and that we met all your expectations.

I must agree with you: our bedding is a pure delight! I am happy to inform you that our pillows are available for sell at our shop.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back in the
near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Stayed here for 8 days after a 2 night stop at Ho Chi Minh. 4 hour transfer from Airport. Beautiful Hotel, very friendly and welcoming staff. Beach Front Setting, Pool and well manicured gardens. We had an apartment suite without views, but very large suite with kitchen area, lounge area, large bed, with a put up single for our son and bathroom with separate shower. Very quiet and peaceful and very close to the town of Mu Ine less than 2k and very cheap Taxi ride. We did not hire mopeds, which is the predominant means for transport. The taxi rides are interesting and something we had to get used to, very erratic especially with mopeds everywhere, literally! Sadly our son sustained a leg injury at the previous hotel but the Nurse was extremely helpful and tended to his wound every day, for which we are very thankful. We had Breakfast only which was the usual western variety and Vietnamese and very good. We ate out most nights in the local town but the food at the hotel was very good and well presented but cost more than in town. They also offered themed nights in the restaurant. On the whole a lovely resort. Check in and out was easy and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola L
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

February 24, 2017

Dear Nicola L,

Thank you so much for choosing to share your holiday experience at The Cliff Resort & Residences with other travelers.

It makes us feel very happy to know that you and your family had a wonderful time here
and that our hotel succeeded on meeting your needs and standards despite your son’s
injury. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed the service provided by our nurse and all
our staff which is what we work hardest at.

It will be a big pleasure for us if we had the chance to accommodate you again and we
promise to offer you and your family a wonderful time to remember!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2017

If Mui Ne is the chosen destination for a holiday stay, this hotel is a good choice. Location is very good, direct at a nice part of the sandy beach, yet a bit away from the tourist street noise, but still not too far away. It needs a 1,5-2 km walk, local bus (Euro 0,50 per person), or a cab (Euro 2), to get to the the good restaurants and Lounge bars. Good location for walks along the beach, each direction.

The Cliff Resort staff service is great (all departments), nice staff, well trained. Pleasant, and visible hotel management.

Possibly a fresh up (deep clean enough) of bathrooms and especially showers and floor (painting is ok), would lift the room feel even more (no capex needed for achieving this, just some hard work on elbows and knees). No critics, just a tip.

Room Tip: There are rooms, bungalows and villas for each pocket (budget)
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Dear Michael H,

I am very pleased that you found the location suitable for beach walks but most
importantly I am pleased that our staff left you a lasting impression as we work
diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest. It is nice to know
when we have succeeded.

Thank you very much for your remark which constantly help us in improving our standards.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,