“Closed!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our favorite for lunches and iced coffee in past years. Crushed when we found it closed in June 2014.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Cold food warm beer never again and overpriced too

sorry I cant say very much more except the staff are excellent

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Not a Great Place very expensive and they serve warm drinks and the food is basic wouldn't go there again especially with a family

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Sure there ARE other places to eat, but none as good as Stax - not even close!

The food is very inexpensive, and the service is always great. Don't expect comfy chairs, AC, or to pay with anything but cash; but do expect the best meal you never expected.

My personal favorite is the pizza; yes, the pizza. The Gallenia had been tops on my list, but on this trip I ventured out and ordered the Exotica, after a fellow diner the night before had suggested it and I replied 'gross' after reading the ingredients. WELL, after sleeping on the for the evening I rethought that comment and went for it... AMAZING!!! I've not ordered other menue items because the pizza is so good, but my coworkers really like, and repeatedly order the curry chicken and peri peri chicken. I will also mention that we are in Mutare twice a year for 5 days at a time, and eat lunch and dinner at Stax the entire time. No more hotel food for us!

Don't miss this Gem! And if Cosmos is there, you're in for a real treat!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Sfax is an institution in Mutare. The fairly unattractive restaurant in a shopping complex has a take away and a sit in section. We were the only customers that night and enjoyed all the attention of the very original waiter. Food was ok. The honey chicken tasted good, but not like real honey. The rump steak was served wit an egg and the pork chop was only half a portion. If there was more choice in Mutare, one would not necessarily favour this restaurant, but it is safe to say that this is one of the best places in town.