“Delicious”

Natalie's Cafe & Deli
Ranked #41 of 148 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I like to preface this type of review by saying that a 5 rating does not necessarily mean it is a fancy-schmancy place. This is a cafe. You order your food at the counter. Not fancy but it is clean and bright. And the food is really, really yummy. I am not interested in lunch meats and burgers so I have never tried the subs, sandwiches or burgers. BUT, the Mediterranean food is delicious. Soups are homemade and there is always a good variety.I have had the Greek,falafel, fattoush, and tabbouleh salads. The tabbouleh is my favorite: bright flavors and lots of parsely. Not a fan when it is made with mostly wheat. Get it every time and sometimes stop just for that because I crave it! Love the (veggie) grape leaves and spanakopita and spinach pie with tomatoes and feta was always a favorite go-to lunch. I have had all the veggie wraps and it is hard to decide which is best as all are very flavorful and different but perhaps the cauliflower and the hummus/tabbouleh. You can sit down to eat or take your food to go. I think either way you will enjoy it. Personally, I prefer to sit down so I can dive in right away...other times I am forced to be patient and smell it all the way home. Really enjoy the food there.

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

This is without a doubt one of the absolutely flawless restaurants I've ever been to. Every meal has been incredible. It's my wife's favorite restaurant and always makes it a point to be her first stop. Great good and family.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

This is a cute luncheonette/ take out place with outstanding food. The food is all done better than you find in most Greek joints. Yes, there was romaine lettuce in the salad which someone mentioned as iceberg before. Everything tastes homemade. I'm sure this family goes to a lot of trouble to prepare the food for quick service. If you want a fancy sit down place for the ladies, go elsewhere. Here you'll find a casual atmosphere with food done to perfection.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We were looking for some vegetarian takeout and this was absolutely perfect. Nice selection of wraps, quick service and very tasty food. I'm glad I searched Trip Advisor before going, so that we knew about this place.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

We had a great meal at this little restaurant in a non-descript strip mall not far from our favourite shopping area. We could have kept sampling from all the different items if we didn't have somewhere to be. The highlights were a vegetarian kibbeh, spinach and leek wrap and really good tabouleh.