“3 slice of bread $3”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

We went there as a family in late evening. It was close to its closing time.
We checked the menu to see if we can eat something. It seemed to be a restaurant with Mediterranean however some of their product has interestingly beer in that.
We asked to have a menu that does not have any meat and alcohol. The guy(Andrew) came to serve us did not have any clue about food restriction.
We asked 3 lentil soups and Maza
When they brought the soup the it was like a vegetable soup and Mixed of eventing. They did not have anything served with the soup. When I asked for a bread he told me that the Maza menu comes weigh 3 pitta breads. While we are eating the soups I asled breads and he brought 3 more extra breads.
The taste was very spicy and we really had hard time rating that.
When we asked the check they already added $3 for sliced of bread. When I asked the guy why the soup does not come with bread, he responded me rudely that they may have it other where but we are not doing This here.
I am not into the money but the guy's(Andrew)response was very rude. He did not stop to check how we are doing. He chatted with other customers and did not Treat us. His service was such poor and rude. I don't recommend you going there.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

I have been to Falafel Bar many times and thoroughly enjoyed my meal each time! They have delicious food, a great menu and friendly service. The food comes out pretty quickly, which is convenient for a lunch break.

After trying several different items, I would recommend the following (in no particular order):

*Shawarma
*The Three Sisters wrap: Hummus, gyro & fried eggplant with tomato and tahini
*The Cigars: Spiced ground beef wrapped in phyllo dough, served with herbed tahini
*The Tzatziki appetizer with fresh wheat pita
*Falafel (duh)
*The Spanikopita with a side salad

The food is always served hot and perfectly spiced. The sauces are homemade. Anything made with phyllo dough is light and flaky. The prices are also very reasonable. I've only been to Falafel Bar for lunch, but they have a nice bar and seating area that looks ideal for late night drinks and appetizers.

If you are looking to check this place out, but are worried about bringing a picky eater, they have some menu items for those who are feeling less adventurous (chicken fingers, fish fry and a kid's menu).

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Food continues to be competently prepared. I had a falafal sandwich with house made cheese, fried eggplant in a pita. The house made green hot sauce is great. $7.25. A mezzanine platter for $10 allows you to select your favorites (I really love the babaganoush. ..good a smoky and garlicky. A app of falafal with cool yogurt/cucumber was delicious. I had the frozen dessert made with sesame paste..a steal at $3.99. Please ask them not to squirt chocolate sauce on it...ruined it for me.
My major observation is this restaurant needs some love. The patio (closed on a beautiful afternoon) looked neglected with broken sun umbrellas and beat up plastic chairs. The inside, while clean, shows wear. The wooden chairs and stools are all marred and scratched, the back bar is a board mounted on the wall with a couple of dollar brackets. The paper towels in the men's room don't fit the dispenser. The very visible coat room was full of carelessly placed items, including Christmas decorations hanging out of their containers. It is off putting...if they are careless with the front of the house, how serious can they be in the back?

Reviewed 2 July 2015

The two most recent times at Falafel Bar (within 6 months), I've been disappointed. The staff does not seem to understand food allergies and even when I ask them to ask the chef about ingredients or methods of cooking I can never get a straight answer. In May 2015 I mentioned my food allergies when making reservations and when I got to the restaurant the waiter said he checked on soy. I am not allergic to soy and never ever even mentioned this. I also told the waiter I eat vegan and in my plate I found a piece of chicken mixed into my food. This really made me not want to come back. I think cross contamination is too possible and I can't eat safely anymore at this restaurant. Also, both of these times the restaurant seemed very short staffed.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

The serve mediterranean foods.... mixture of lebanese and greek. We ordered a starter platter which was good but was served with limited pita bread and more were charged.... this is not a regular practice.

Main Dishes were OK but not wow! The ambience is dark and so long we were there, there was only once more table with guests. The bar seems to be nice. Server was friendly but not very efficient. May be she has to help in kitchen too!

Not a place for a nice romantic dinner or an evening to enjoy.