“Average Facility”

Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Aqaba
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I was very disappointed by the quality and standards of this hotel. This is definitely not a five stars property. However, receptionists and guest relations staff were so professional in particular Apple from guest relations, she was very professional in solving our problems at check-in. One of the managers Silva, also was so caring and so professional they both offered us a free dinner to compensate our disappointment. Apple also upgraded us to a suite, she was so caring. Honestly, it is out of staff control they are trying their best but the property is going down. Management is not investing back in the property. Beds weren't clean, I would rate housekeeping staff zero not even up to 3 stars standards, the couch that was inside the suite had vomit stains on it. The pool towels smelled so bad and they were over used they even lost their color. The pools (I believe used to be nice) not anymore cause the tiles are coming out. Life guards were not professional, we heard them literally saying in Arabic "lets go check some girls by the beach". The overall rating for this place is average, and I don't think you will get value for your money. Personally I will never go back !

Room Tip: Family room is good for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, not clean. Suites were much better and more sp...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Dan B, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Mohammad,

Despite being happy reading about your kind words for Apple and Silva, I must say that I am disappointed to read the rest of your review. I am very sorry for not delivering the services to your expectations and we truly wish we could have served you better.

As I write to you, I have instructed our Engineering team to continue the maintenance and repairs in the resort. While the major works require more resources, the team will remain focus in keeping the resort’s state. Your comment will also be considered during major renovation plans we have in the future.

I also asked our Executive Housekeeper to train the team on being more attentive even in small details and always practice the highest level of our standards in cleanliness.

I also took a note of your comment about some of our Recreation team, and I totally agree that such behavior is unacceptable. I had a discussion with our Recreation Manager and the team is reprimanded to commit to delivering professional services at all times.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and reconsider your opinion about the resort. We would really be grateful if we will be given the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2017

It was our 2nd time at this resort and we loved it even better then the fist time. We will sure come back for more.
It is a great resort for a family vacation, the kids love the amazing swimming pools, and we loved the fact that there is also one pool where no children are allowed. I personally also like the good Gym in place.

Review collected in partnership with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Dan B, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive words about our resort and we are very happy that you liked your recent stay better than your first one. It is always rewarding to learn from our guests that we are improving. We hope that we can welcome you more often. You are always welcome to come back at Movenpick Tala Bay.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I Had really high expectations And im really really really disappointed.. the resort is really nice, the pools, the setup.. but the service is "crap"... for a 5 stars hotel i wouldnt even rate it as 3! It takes a long time to get to your room.. they offer you a drink while standing to wait for your reservation to be complete rather than making you comfortable in the lobby... one of the rooms we booked had no towels,
towels in the bedroom Are replaced with stained towels.. the towels at the beach Are of bad shape, ripped.. bed sheets Are not being changed... no house keeping minding the beach toilets... the balcony was not clean either... the curtain was stained... lights go off automatically at 2300! And you can't turn them on if you're planning to stay up...
pool; workers with life guard shirt are cleaning the area around the pool rather than doing their job... the pool was clean the first day we came and the next 3 days it was full of plastic cups, leafs.. and one child was washing an ashtray in the pool!!!!
Food wise, it was too pricy, tasty but too expensive ... the service was bad.. we waited for over 30 minutes for someone to come and hand us the menu, eventually I went to get it myself...
hospitality wise, 10% of the workers in the hotel would smile when they see you, the rest is too grumpy and not helpful.. at the reception area when they asked about our visit I told him it wasn't as expected, he didn't even bother to ask why!!!
It was a huge disappointment, and It will never happen again!

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Marizela,

I am really disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations and we are very sorry for these shortfalls. I want to give you my personal reassurance that this is not entirely the experience that we want our guests to have during their stay and I will be on top of every single comment you made to make sure these are corrected.

As I write to you, I already discussed with our Executive Housekeeper our actions on moving forward which entail constant training that the team needs to undergo to improve attentiveness to cleanliness and details. I’ve also discussed with our Executive Chef and F&B Director to once again review our food pricing in order to align our self to what the market offers.

I must admit that I am very much concerned with your feedback about how some of our colleagues were not hospitable towards you. This is entirely against our positive reputation on providing warm and genuine services. This will be dealt with accordingly. During the daily briefings, I asked my head of departments to strongly remind everyone on the standards and the services that guests’ expects from us. We are to provide the highest level of services in polite manner. We will make sure that our team commits to this direction.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and we promise you a stay meeting your highest expectations from us.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Very nice hotel and very kind stuff, my stay with family so nice memorable .. Only one annoying note that I saw many guests on swim with underwear and nobody talk to them, this is 5 stars hotel and underwear should be forbidden on swimming pools.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear fekarmi,

Thank you for sharing your review and we are glad that you had an overall enjoyable time with us. We are glad that your family enjoyed their time with us. I also took a note of your comments about inappropriate swimming wear of some of our guests and we will make sure to reinforce the proper swimming guidelines to everyone.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back hopefully rally soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We have been staying in your hotel for two nights,your employees provide excellent service and very friendly helpful and welcoming.we enjoyed in the beach with free WiFi,mini bar free with cold water, room size excellent with amazing view comfortable bed bath room very clean and nice room furniture only one suggestion to add TV in the kids room. Thank you

Review collected in partnership with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Dan B, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear hajaashraf,

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to know that you were very satisfied with the services that you received from us. We hope we exceeded your expectations and we will make sure to do our best even get better.

We look forward having you back to Movenpick Tala Bay.