“"BEST DINER IN TOWN "”
Review of Bay Village Diner

Bay Village Diner
Ranked #20 of 54 Restaurants in Amityville
Reviewed 28 August 2015

The Bay Diner aka Peters Dine located in Amityville, NY is your old fashion traditional diner located in the infamous village of Amityville (No not near the Amityville horror).
The food is fresh and the staff are very professional and friendly as well as the owner Peter and his family which is a family operated business.
The prices are reasonable along with the portions on the Menus whether breakfast , lunch or dinner.
I definitely recommend this establishment for dining out for good food.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

Stopped by because I like these type of diners so I had searched beforehand on what was in the general area of the hotel I was staying at. Good food, good service and nice cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have eaten in this diner since 1978 through three changes in ownership and several renovations. In the old days it was called Peters Diner and now Peter has returned again with the latest renovation. Always a favorite of the old time Amityville crowd, the local cops and businessmen, it has a standard NY Greek diner menu at reasonable prices. The food, no matter what I ever ordered, was always good and plentiful served by friendly efficient servers and I am usually met by Pete or one of his sons when I come in. It is always one of my first stops for a meal when I return to Long Island and is always a good place for me to meet and greet old acquaintances. I consider it to be the standard that a Greek diner should live up to. I have not found a restaurant that I would rate excellent only because the only excellent food is that cooked by me in my kitchen at home,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stopped in here for dinner last Sunday night after spending the day out visiting family. I had one of the specials, and the amount of food was overwhelming. With the main course, there was also soup and salad included. Expect to come either with a huge appetite, or room in your fridge. My chicken noodle soup was better than anything I've had since growing up on LI. I sure wish I had some of that to help me with my cold today. Service was also very good, but it was later in the evening on Thanksgiving weekend. It is a typical diner, but having lived in the south for quite awhile, theses are the places that make eating on LI, or any other place in NY a treat.