Open today: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Review Highlights
A great place to visit on nice Autumn day!

This was the highlight of my day date with my GF in Yokosuka. The ship looks like she could head... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
4Miggy123
Interesting place to visit

Lots of interesting information and can pretty much access most of the ship. At only ¥600 (£~4) for... read more

Reviewed 18 June 2023
Littleone88
Brighton,England

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2018

As has been mentioned in other reviews, the Mikasa is a very special ship and well worth a visit! From Tokyo, its around an hour and a half away going into Yokosuka Station and the ship itself is about a 14 minute walk away. I've heard there is a bus however I didn't see anything or about it or see it at all.

The entrance is 600 yen and there are vending machines next to the shop where you buy your ticket.

Going onboard the ship, I was given a leaflet in English to follow and the route is clearly marked as well. Some displays do have English translations but not all however downstairs there are some interactive screens where you can find out more in English. I found the displays a little bit creaky but it is an old ship and the entrance charge is really good value. You can go in most areas on the main deck and up to the bridge and chart rooms. Below deck, you can only go down one level however there is quite a lot to see in the different rooms from exhibits on the ships itself, the modern Japanese Maritime Defence Force through to Admiral Togo's rooms.

I think the ship is definitely worth visiting due to its huge significance. One of the most interesting exhibits was on the preservation effort and especially coming from the UK- the ship has such strong links to our Maritime and shipbuilding history that it is a very thought provoking day out.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017

I visited the Mikasa with a Japanese friend and enjoyed our time there. If you don't know Japanese, it is good to go with someone who does. The displays were informative. The guided tour was definitely worthwhile. The staff are knowledgeable and have a genuine appreciation for the ship and its significance.

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I knew my husband would be interested in checking Mikasa out, but I wasn’t sure what exactly we can see and do. Turned out that we can get on it and walk around quite a bit of this ship exceeded our expectation. It definitely made my husband’s day. It is one of a kind experience. I highly recommend visiting if you are interested in ships or/history.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We spent all afternoon with three young children on this ship. Had lots of fun, great information. Such great history.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Mikasa is well reserved and beautiful herself. Insinde the ship is great with a lot of room you can visit and foreigner friendly with both Japanese and English introduction machine. They also have VR for the battle with Russian fleet (free) and other movie room too (only in Japanese. At the end you will get a free souvenir (stamp your mark of visit Mikasa on the pamphlet).

Date of experience: October 2017