“Amazing View and Delicious Fish”

Byblos Fishing Club
Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Byblos
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Listed in Lonely Planet guide
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Right by the water, with a beautiful view of the small fishing boats. Food is also delicious, we had Lebanese starters and fried fish and another one grilled all were perfectly cooked and very fresh.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We had dinner there one evening. The food was delicious and the service was great.
The views are absolutely lovely - it was a calm relaxing atmosphere. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

we were a group of nine friends taking a day out busy Beirut for a bit of relaxed sightseeing and ended up at Pepe's for a late lunch. The location and views are excellent, the food is very good and freshly prepared - the house very nice and this combined with a superb friendly service gives in my opinion an excellent rating.

we had a lebanese selection of starters (fantastic octopus) followed by various types of grilled and fried fish, all done very well.

would definitely come back, we all really (really) enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

It seems like every time I saw a picture of Byblos's old port, this restaurant was in the background with "PEPE" displayed across its wall. Every time I was in Lebanon, I skipped it assuming it was just a tourist trap because of all the international celebrities that had visited there over the years. Boy was I wrong... the food was fantastic!

I was visiting Byblos with my wife and thought I would finally give it a try. Most of the customers were foreigners so we were comfortable having salads, fruits, and vegetables there because they would be washed right and we wouldn't have any stomach issues. We ordered two lunch specials which included hummus, baba ganoush, taboule, chanklish, and french fries. They were fantastic! There was so much flavor in every bite. The taboule was nice and lemony which just brought a smile to our faces. We had ordered fish and calamari for the entrees. We didn't even try the calamari sauce so as not to taint the great taste of the calamari itself. The ingredients were fresh and tasty. The only problem was that we couldn't finish the appetizers because we filled up nicely without feeling bloated.

Yes, the decor is a little outdated but we didn't care, it was romantic in its quirkiness. We will go back to Lebanon some day and when we do, our first meal will be at Byblos Fishing Club.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We started here for evening drinks, enjoying the sun setting over the old harbour. The service was friendly and the atmosphere relaxed, so we decided to stay for dinner. My wife's octopus was good, but my Dorado was rather disappointing for the price, it only came with a few leaves as salad and no rice or chips, and the fish was rather bland. We have had this problem elsewhere in Lebanon, the fresh fish is expensive and then not cooked the the aromatic flavours found in their other foods.

We passed again on Sunday morning and found they were fully booked for lunch, it sounds like this is a regular occurrence, so booking ahead for Sunday lunch would be advisable.