Le Royal Hotel Beirut
Residence de France(Dbayeh)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Pool
US$124
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
NJ Hotel(Dbayeh)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsle royalsea viewwater parkmediterranean seaspa experienceindoor poolbusiness tripbreakfast buffetpiano barrooms are spaciousexcellent hotelmy birthdaytitanic restaurantprofessional staffa great experiencerecommend leexcellent stay
Reviewed 28 April 2018

It is not my first visit to LeRoyal since it is very nice and classy hotel. nice spacious rooms,excellent view,comfy beds, very friendly staff ,excellent breakfast and good dining too. I enjoy the indoor swimming pool a lot and the jacuzzi too. Overall it is always very relaxing and amazing stay.

Room Tip: 9 or 12 floor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
AnneMariehachem, Corporate revenue & e-distribution Manager at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for the rewarding review, As a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we are dedicated to make each guest's stay a memorable one.
Looking forward to welcome you back with friends and families during Summer to enjoy the Watergate Aqua Park!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I stayed at Le Royal Beirut last March for 2 nights. it was a quick business trip and I needed a good place to eat and sleep. Well, my first impression of the room was not great, it was OK but it did not deliver the 5 stars feel which lays completely in details. the bed looked overused, the pillows were not fluffed enough and the flooring was unpleasant. The biggest disappointment was the bathroom, the standard was a budget hotel at its best, and for me this was annoying. Well, services on the other hand were great, I asked for my clothes to be ironed on a short notice and they delivered them back just on time and in perfect conditioned. In addition, the room service was exceptional, I ordered breakfast and honestly it exceeded my expectations. My Eggs Bendict were perfectly cooked and the plate was tastefully designed, also the other details in the tray really gave me a 5 stars feeling, I also ordered dinner and it was no difference, great taste with great presentations.
I think the whole hotel needs refurbishment to restore its 5 stars feel and to let people enjoy the great view and the exceptional food services they provide.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Anne-Marie H, Corporate Revenue & e-distribution Manager at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Hatoon,

Thank you for your interest in our property and for the visit you paid us last month,

Your comments are the most welcome coming from a detailed person as you are, we did communicate them with the management;
as well as, we shared your rewarding notes about the great food and service you experienced during your stay;

Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future,

Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I being travel enthusiasts, we’ve been to a very big number of luxury hotels in Lebanon, Dubai, Europe, USA...
Our perception of Le Royal was... Royal.

Until we tried it last night.

It was my birthday. My wife booked a room, nail spa and massages for us.
She was told she got “the best room below a suite level”.
We arrive to the room. It’s got a nice sea view. But the first surprise was that the bathroom reminded me very much of budget hotels like Ibis. It’s very tiny with a very small bathtub and a shower that you can’t help but soak the whole floor with...

The air conditioning was FREEZING. So we called and they sent someone who played around with it and put it on “high” saying the temperature will go up in no time. So the room turned into a freezer.
We had to turn it off completely. The room experience was very unpleasant.

The next day we go to the nail spa and regardless of the fact that it looks like a cheap small place with very unappealing chairs, we were told that the employee didn’t come because “her kid is sick”. We asked why no one called us... we would’ve changed the spa appointment instead of going back to the room we hated and waiting there killing two hours for nothing.

To be fair the massages were very good. And the breakfast staff were adorable. Noting that the coffee is not great and the croissants tasted like they were leftover from the previous day.

I wish that I was exaggerating, but I’m really not.

We expressed the above when asked about our experience at checkout. And we were told that someone wanted to call us to address what happened. But the whole day passed and no one did.

So as you can imagine, by the end of our stay, the impression of this hotel was like if we made a mistake and booked a three-star joint and got lucky with the masseuse.

It’s a shame that we thought this experience would be at least comparable with hotels like Grand Hills Broumana which conveys the same “grandiose” image.

But I’m sorry to say that Le Royal is well, really not Royal.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Charbel,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor wall,

We are sorry for the challenge you encountered during your last visit, and we are happy to note that you had great relaxing massages at the Royal SPA.

Your notes are taken into great consideration and we are following up with the concerned department for the causes.

We hope that you will pay us another visit in the near future and be sure that Staff and Management will not spare any effort to make your stay a memorable one,

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Being at Le Royal Spa was a wonderful experience to me. The team was very professional & welcoming, i started with the Chocolat bath, then the body scrub, relaxing oil massage and mini facial.
During all that, the team was very helpful, the therapist who escorted me was very caring & professional, they gave me directions and were always ready for assistance .
The pool & jacouzi were clean, spending time there was very relaxing.
If you want to be pampered, I strongly recommend Le Royal Hotel Spa
Keep it up guys!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Anne-Marie H, Corporate revenue & e-distribution Manager at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Dalia,

Thank you for the rewarding review, As a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we are dedicated to make each guest's experience a memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back with friends and families during Summer to enjoy the Hotel facilities and the Watergate Aqua Park!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms are nice , the staff is very friendly. Very beautiful view. A little expensive tho.

The breakfast at the swimming pool (Le Jardin) is a perfect way to start a loooooooong day . Long time no see friendly people like Carol.

Can’t wait to be back again

Not to forget ... pls people stop setting the AC at 19 deg C ... killing me :)))))

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Costin,

We need to take the opportunity to thank you for the positive and rewarding comments regarding our friendly staff and Hotel's facilities.
Your notes related to the AC will be directed internally for investigation and adjustment, we are sorry for the inconvenience you encountered.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you back at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, with friends and families during Summer to enjoy the Watergate Aqua Park too !