“Great Business Dinner”

Chez Papa French Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. Traditional French Regional Cuisine. Cheerful and comfortable Bistro decor. Considered Fine Dinning by some customers. Adjoining Wine Bar with cozy ambience. Extensive wine list, large selection of cocktails and International beers by the bottle.
Reviewed 11 June 2019

We were hosting some International visitors and I choose Chez Papa because of the proximity to the hotel my visitors were staying at as well as their reviews of course. Great decision! We were greeted warmly by the staff. Service was just amazing and all 12 of us were served our main courses at the same time despite the variety. We had steak, salmon, chicken, lamb, pasta, pigeon- you get the idea! My beef tenderloin was absolutely delightful and my colleagues and visitors were equally happy with their meals. Our wine was topped up promptly without being pushy. Just impressive. It's definitely a restaurant I would entertain at again and again. Highly recommended.

2  Thank BizT
Write a reviewReviews (681)

Reviewed 9 June 2019

Made a reservation on 8/6 for special occasion (anniversary) and we were very excited to have a lovely dinner and this definitely did not disappoint. The restaurant was located at a very unassuming location and once we entered, we were greeted by the ever so friendly staff. The atmosphere was so cosy with so many photo frames everywhere (each with a definite purpose). The diners that day seemed to be regular patrons with a good mix of couples and families. The staff described every single item on the menu with so much enthusiasm and for good reason. We got a steak, salmon, the french onion soup (WOW) and truffles fries and it was really one of the best foods i have ever tasted.

Beyond that, what Chez Papas does is to make sure you always have a memorable time at the restaurant and this time, we were pleasantly surprised with the chocolate cake by pastry chef (as seen in the picture).

Chez Papas does not claim to be the best but the most passionate and it is evident in our meal. The food is unmistakably good but beyond that, their service, attention to detail and the setting which makes you feel you are in France sets them apart in so many restaurants in JB (all at a reasonable price).

I can already say this will be a place me and my partner will frequent regularly (when we come to JB) and esp for singaporean couples who want to find something special in that short staycation you have in JB, Chez Papas will make that trip so memorable for you.

(For clean freaks out there, the restroom was absolutely spotless)

4  Thank eaganxh
Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

Great foods, service and ambience! The restaurant serve very good house wine too! Filet Mignon, Lamb Shank and Onion Soup are the must try!

4  Thank SeanLoh
Reviewed 31 May 2019 via mobile

My first time in a place like this. I ordered French Onion Soup and Cod which was on the special board and my friend has a Steak which he said was very good. Ended up with chocolate cake as the dessert. It was a meal so yummylicious and i am definately going to get my fiancee here when she next come to JB for holidays. The price was quite reasonable which came up to RM 200.00 plus.

For those who have not tried like me, it is a must restaurant to dine.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Tour33999794132
Reviewed 26 May 2019

Had the chestnut soup for the first time and really liked it. Very smooth and tasty! Also for the first time, i tried the steak fries. The dish didn't look too fancy but the meat was really amazing! All in all nice place with friendly atmosphere!
btw: If you are closer to Taman Molek you can visit the La Belle Vie which is run by the same owners.

Date of visit: May 2019