“A perfect French bistro & Casual dining”

Chez Papa French Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. Traditional French Regional Cuisine. Cheerful and comfortable Bistro decor. Considered Fine Dinning by some customers. Adjoining Wine Bar with cozy ambience. Extensive wine list, large selection of cocktails and International beers by the bottle.
Reviewed 12 July 2019

This is the place to go to make your culinary experience in a great mood.
The food, the restaurant, the bar and the friendly staffs are all together blending in a perfect French bistro like you feel to have traveled to Paris but no they traveled for us and are here to make our meals a fantastic moment to have in Johor Bahru.
Keep up the great Job

K1ooo

1  Thank GMK1000
Write a reviewReviews (681)

Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Chez Papa remains my favourite place to bring people to, on account of the fantastic food and impeccable service.

Joanne is always so attentive and friendly, and I'm so grateful to Shereen who helped to arrange my mother's birthday dinner earlier this year. All the staff are very knowledgable about the food and drinks they serve, and they are able to give good recommendations that suit the diner's mood and taste.

Although the regular menu is great on its own, the highlight of my visits is always the daily specials.

The Wagyu steak with truffle sauce we had on this visit was honestly one of the best beef steaks Ive ever tasted outside of Japan.

The parmesan fish was beautifully crisp and paired amazingly with this tomato based sauce.

The sides were not neglected either, with the usual mindblowing mashed potato and the amazing baked cauliflower mash that I had for the first time this visit.

I really hope I manage to catch the lamb stew the next time I visit, it is the dish that has made the biggest impact on me so far :)

4  Thank ezzybellie
Reviewed 29 June 2019

Shereen, the manager of the restaurant was very accommodating to my requests while making reservation and food order ahead of time since we had about 20 people for this team dinner. The food and service was excellent. One of the waitress went as far as to care for my teammate's young daughter to allow him to enjoy his meal. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant and go back again!

2  Thank yaaaasfood
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

I went with my wife the other day to have dinner there. The food was excellent. Good value for the price. A lady called Joanne served us who was very helpful and professional. She can recommend the specials and matching wine to go with. I would definitely go back to the place again.

1  Thank tmatsu808
Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

I been visited more than 10 years. So far still the best of my choice.

Consider I have no disappointment so far.

2  Thank 422teyk