See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Our 5-circle rating doesn’t mean this hotel is of 5-star status. We rate all the hotels we stayed in in accordance to the amount we paid.

On 29 July 2018, there was a massive traffic jam and we were too tired to stay awake to drive back to Singapore at a later hour. So we checked into Marion Hotel. Saw it being “converted” into hotel and visited it a month ago, anticipating that we might have to stay in it one day and the day has arrived on 29 July.

Same Malay male receptionist a month ago and last night. Friendly, patient and hardworking. We stayed in hotels of various number of stars in JB which ranged from Double Tree, Amari, Renaissance, Holiday Villa, Grand Belllo to Leverage, Insta, Bliss, Belllo, Ritzton etc. For the 2-3 star hotels in JB, Marion’s receptionist and security guard for cars are one of the best teams, at least when we checked out in the wee morning, both were wide awake.

We shan’t “complain” about the room size because we saw the rooms before we decided on the smallest room simply because we just needed to use it for 5-6 hours. RM100 for 108sf. The next upsize was extremely attractive. Then, the 3rd bigger size is 194sf, with window, this will be a perfect size if we gonna stay for the whole day. The main difference between Marion and Ritzton (both hotels are in close proximity): Marion’s design, bigger room, smaller bathroom while Ritzton is bigger bathroom but smaller room. To us, we will stay longer in our room than the bathroom, thus it makes more sense to choose one hotel that focuses on the room than its bathroom.

We shall present our review in point form :

Positive :

1) Dental sets, toiletries, hairdryer and all essentials provided. No slippers, no body lotion and no kettle. However, you can get water in water dispenser at reception area.
Hot water should be available as there were two sachets of coffee (complimentary).

2) Free Parking (at least night time). Think day time needs parking coupon.

3) Panasonic Split air con unit. Good!

4) Sharp brand TV. Ok except volume went up and down without our adjustment, this went on and on.

5) For the amount we paid, bed was good, pillows were ok. Room and bathroom were clean.

6) A stone’s throw away from Thai Imperial massage and Lavendar flagship store. There are at least another 3 more massage outlets on the same side of the road if you do not like Thai Imperial.

7) Food (Lok Lok) is available till almost 3am. 6-min walk from
Marion Hotel, towards the direction of One De Land Restaurant.

8) 8-min walk to Seven Oaks Restaurant and One De Land Restaurant.

9) 12-min walk to a popular Korean restaurant (either steamboat or BBQ). Gotta walk past Seven Oaks before reaching this Korean restaurant with a huge RED signage.

10) Near hair salon, nail shop, facial etc and one mini mart opened by mainland Chinese (mainland Chinese from China).

Negative :

1) Musky smell for both room and bathroom. However, after we turned on air con and showered, all musky smell was gone! Strange?! Or did we get used to the “smell” already ?

2) The pendant lamp between the bed and the split unit air con had a lot of dust on it right from the ceiling till the lamp shade. Only saw the layer of dust when we were gonna check out. Thank goodness that did not trigger off my sinus.

3) No lift at all.

4) Gotta catch a cab to this hotel or drive to this hotel. No public transport nearby.

5) No shopping centres within walking distance. Nearest shopping centre : KSL

Will we return? Yes! Especially if we need to use room for only a few hours. The room was clean and new.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jedai79
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Before choosing this hotel I couldn't find much reviews about it as it is new but nonetheless, I decided to try it out. A few reasons why I choose to stay in this hotel 1) Near to the town area, 2) Affordable pricing, 3) Relatively new hotel. Stay in this hotel for a night from 18th May to 19th May as I am lazy to rush back home to Singapore after a day of shopping and eating, thus choose a hotel within my budget. Check in was fuss free and the staff is really friendly, the room is very clean and not too small. Toilet does have a weird smell to it as I believe it's from the streets due to the ventilating fan inside the toilet but nonetheless, I am okay with it as the smell doesn't fill the room after you close the toilet doors. Basic amenities like toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and shower gel are provided. I am absolutely contented with my stay at The Marion Hotel and would definitely return to stay again.

Room tip: For light sleepers, I would suggest travelers request for rooms that are not facing the main road
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank R_Chng
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I had a room for CNY in 2018, a 2-single bed room.

Pro
Bed was clean. Water pressure was good. Room is spacious. Aircon was cool and quiet. Staff were friendly.

Cons
Noisy at night due to the hotel facing main road. Room's ventilation fan is very loud. There were not enough hangers in the room. There was not enough shelving in the bathroom.

But other than those, I'd say I had a very pleasant weekend.

Date of stay: February 2018