Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$23
Agoda.com
US$77
US$70
Trip.com
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$55
US$39
Priceline
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$78
US$59
US$317
US$270
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Zoom Inn Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$18
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$26
US$19
Priceline
All reviewsplaza pelangimassage chairdesigner roomcold storagewelcome drinknasi lemakstayed in family roomhotel lobby looksmain doorhalf boiled eggscoffee makercable tvfried noodlesinterior designmineral watercounter staffdecent hotel
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I just stayed in Bliss Hotel during my 10 days holiday trip to Malaysia. It is wonderful stay in Bliss Hotel. The staff working there are helpful, friendly and always provide a prompt service with a smile. Room is clean and come with many designs. Bathroom is a little too small and aircon is strong. Breakfast is a good local spread but may not be good for western foreigners. You may want to catch a taxi to nearby shopping malls and it range about RM 5-7. Only cons for me is the faulty WIFI and the limited TV channels. Impressive for me. Though it is a budget hotel, It really comparable to a 3 star hotel service standard. Keep up the good work. I don't drive so I can't comment on the carpark and security.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The first time I stayed at this hotel was last year - since then I have stayed around 5 times and booked many times for friends passing through JB. Its at a good location in JB - not far from CIQ and not far from JB central. Right next to Plaza Pelangi. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are reasonably prices (RM 148 per night for a standard) - each room is a different theme and colour which makes the stay that little bit more unique. The price includes breakfast which has both local and western options - its not the best breakfast I've ever had but it's great for the price you pay. The rooms are very well done and comfortable. Each has its own bathroom, hot water shower, TV, DVD player on request, air con, safe, tea and coffee facilities, free mineral water and towels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through JB - it right next to Chez pa pa which is a good french restaurant and not far from Giani's which is a superb oven baked pizza restaurant. Bliss has its very own wine bar which offers good promotions. Obviously it is close to the local food centres as well and Pelangi has a Nando's and Mcdonalds for those after fast food. The hotel also has a deal with two local spa's who offer hotel guests 20% off of spa treatments. We had 3 treatments at Bangkok Spa last time we stayed and they pick you up from the hotel free of charge. Make sure you have the discount card from the hotel otherwise the spa may argue with you but ultimately we were still given the discount. 60 minute foot massage = RM 48, 1 hour Full body + 30 mins Sauna and Jacuzzi = RM 130 - Bangkok spa is open until 5am and obviously caters for "extra services" but it doesn't feel like a seedy place when you are there. We weren't offered anything "extra" and the experience was great without feeling like we were in a dodgy spa. Everyone of my friends who has stayed so far has loved the place. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for "funky" rooms and choose the suite if you would like a bath tub!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carly A
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Good reviews from others submitted through Trip Advisor help me to make decision to give it a try at this hotel for my short family trip to Singapore recently.
6 months ago, I made the same trip but stayed in a 3 to 3.5 star hotel in Singapore. Paid SGD168 per night for a family room consist of 1 queen bed and a single bed. Btw, I was travelling with 2 children age 6 and 12. So my son has to sleep on the same bed with me and my wife. The size and set-up of the room was not much different to Bliss Hotel’s room set-up but in rather smaller with join bathroom and toilet.
Generally, we find that Bliss Boutique Hotel is comfortable and acceptable for a couple of nights stay where you wonder during the day time and only return to the hotel at night to sleep.
Hotel
- Located on the side of the main and busy street of Jalan Tebrau and next to Pelangi Mall
- There are lots of eating places especially Chinese restaurant
- Nice decoration and colorful. Gives you the warm feeling and welcoming
- 3 storey high shop lots building occupying 3 - 4 lots including the corner lot
- There’s a corner for computer with internet access
- Free wifi in the hotel and room
- Good 24 hr security with security guard availability. Main and access door to the elevator are auto lock after 9pm accessible with room card only
- Side parking available in front of the hotel for about 10 lots booked by the hotel with additional parking area on lower corner of the premises. Very safe if you are worried of your car safety as it is well lighted and there’s security guard that walk around 24 hrs.
Room
We stayed in a ‘Designer Family’ room for RM241 per night, it comes with 2 queen sized bed configuration with separate bathroom and toilet. There is no cloth closet or cabinet but they do have cloth rail to hang your cloths and towels. The room has no window but not really an issue if you only utilize for night sleep before you wonder off the next morning.
1. The room is provided with full amenities include bath soap, shampoo, tooth brush, towels, mineral water, kettle, drinking glasses and mugs supplied with sugar and 3-in-1 coffee and tea bags. All for 4 people
2. Surprisingly, the room is also provided with a safe box.
3. Sizeable flat screen tv on the wall with 5 channels include Singapore’s tv programmes
4. 2 bathroom sink for family use
5. 1 a/con with 5 speed
6. 3 plug points available for use
7. Wall mounted phone supplied

Breakfast Cafe
Sufficient for the number of people having breakfast at any one time as experienced and observed during the 2 breakfast we had. We have read not so favorable review on the breakfast spread which we agree if you are a westerner and expecting for a full English breakfast. However, as a Malaysian, the food that was made available is sufficient with varieties to choose from – nasi lemak, fried rice, fried noodle, otak-otak, local delicacies, bread, roti canai/prata, coffee & tea and fresh juice.
Hotel Staff
Excellent, excellent, excellent! to just sum it up. They are very friendly, helpful and always smiling - from the security guard, housekeeping & café staff and front desk officers.
Finally, we will definitely stay at this hotel again for our future trip to Johor Bahru or Singapore. My kids like the hotel and ‘approve’ the room when they compare to the hotel in Singapore that we have stayed-in 6 months ago.
One suggestion that I may have for the hotel consideration is the lighting in the room. If possible to change the current ‘warm light’ bulbs to ‘cool daylight’ instead in order to brightened up the room slightly.

Room Tip: Pick the room that we stayed-in if you're travelling with 2 kids - Room 1-28
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank aidrus
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a follow up review on my previous stay @ the Bliss Boutique Hotel. Overall the rooms are pretty cozy although the bathrooms are not quite the usual size for a comfortable shower (my own opinion). This is understandable as the layout is restricted by the shop lot occupation of this Boutique hotel. The location is very tourist friendly with easy access to majority of the places you would visit when in Johor Bahru (it's located just along the main street).

The beds offered allowed for a good night's sleep, which to me is ranked quite important when traveling, a plus on that. I missed the breakfast in the morning due to my late night escapade returning to a room which had a tripped electricity voltage - Had to pack in total darkness which I wasn't too pleased about, would like to commend front desk Ms. Rani's prompt handling of the situation the next day when I performed check-out - she apologized for the situation professionally and followed up with a phone call.

The Bliss Boutique Hotel overall has good potential for a hotel located in Johor Bahru given that most of the other hotels are quite dated and in need for refurbishment. This hotel appears newly built with most of the fittings - with the exception of an in-room fridge (Bought some yummy cakes from Singapore which unfortunately had no place to store them - had it stored in other friend's hotel fridge instead).

Room Tip: The Room I booked was a Designer Boutique, judging from the size of the room, a standard or deluxe may well be smaller - not too good for people requiring space in their room. Rooms & Hotel generally smoke-free which is a plus since i do not smoke or condone it :) sorry smokers!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Matthew_at_KL
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Bliss Boutique Hotel JB exceeds all of our expectations! A truly blissful experience like no other. Bliss has become our mainstay whenever we want a quick getaway from the hustle bustle life in Singapore. This hotel though small-ish from the outside is actually very spacious and the amenities are generously provided. The decor which we love so much is refreshing and modern. The very minute you walk into the hotel, you will be engulfed in sweet smelling air and ambience that is so so cozy. The breakfast spread is always so delicious and one can tell that all of the food served are lovingly made and presented. Rani Wongvilai and her team of staff are out of this world...their attentiveness to every single wimps and fancies of a guest is truly remarkable...and they always serve with a smile.

Our many trips to jb always starts and ends at Bliss Boutique Hotel. This is a gem of a hotel. It would not be far-fetch for us to say that Bliss is even better than some of the top ranking hotels in JB and Singapore. KL's hospitality premises should take a feather or two from Bliss's fancy hat and learn how this wonderful premise functions.

Kudos to all at Bliss!

Shah & Imran

Room Tip: Room 02-08 is a fabulous room. And yes, the Suite Room is worth a mention!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple