“Clean and strategic location”

Bliss Boutique Hotel
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We went JB for pre wed photoshooting, where this hotel located strategically nearby few bridal house. Plus, it's near to Pelangi and KSL shopping mall. Eateries also not a problem. Plenty nearby.

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The hotel room is small but it's clean and neat. Equipped with basic necessities such as electric kettle, hair dryer , hot shower and safe box. Bed is quite comfy. The interior of the hotel is quite nice and room is still new.

For the breakfast , it's not wide selection but I think sufficient to fill up the stomach. This is just a boutique hotel, so with breakfast provided, I think it's a plus point.

The hotel don't have their own parking, but they do reserved few in front of the hotel. Plus point is they paid the parking ticket for us every morning. Not just for the first hour, they continuosly top up the ticket if your car still around.

Since everyone talking about JB security is not so safe. A pro for hotel guest.
This hotel lock the main door at 9.30pm and only can be access by hotel guest.
There is still another door need access card to go through to reach the lift to rooms.
Very good security.

The only one thing I'm not satisfied is the room without windows. Don't feel any fresh air in the room. Anyway, we were at outside all the time, so it's a not a problem to us.

Overall I think service is good in everything and will stay for next visit. Value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MoniqueYong

Reviewed 24 August 2012

booked and stayed here for 3 nights on 18, 19 and 20th Aug.

(exterior)
we drove and were familiar where it is. it is easy to locate as the colours were very striking and eye-catching in rainbow colours (even at night!).

(staff)
the staff were also very friendly. i heard we were upgraded to a better room. but it was in the middle of the night so i didnt really clarify. better room is good so no complaints! =)

(interior)
the interior of the hotel was really quaint and beautiful. you can also help yourself to a welcome drink where the computer terminals with free internet access is. throughout the hotel, there is also free wifi access. just ask the staff for the password.

(room)
rooms were a little small but adequately sized. it was neat, clean and really comfortable. there is also a flat screen tv! the washing basin is not in the bathroom out in the room. nice concept i thought. no bath tub. just a standing shower. good enough for me.

one drawback is there is no mini fridge. but they do provide an electric flask with teabags/coffee sachets which you can help yourself to it.

(breakfast)
it comes free but selection is really poor. although it says until 10am, when we got down at 930am there was hardly any food left and they didnt look like they were going to replenish it. if you look carefully, there is no kitchen. i reckon they probably buy them from the nearby coffee-shop and transfer them into serving dishes. not a problem for me and i thought the mee goreng was yummy.

dont expect a spread.

(security)
i would say really good. to enter to the lift lobby, you need card access. this means no random people lurking around.

at the parking area, there is always an attendant watching out for your cars. i thought that was really great!

(overall)
i would return again and again and again! best hidden gem in JB. =)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tinkilily
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Nice hotel, I spent 1 night stay there. Room is clean but the bathroom is a bit small. The corridor is also small, not recommend for those who spend many nights stay with lots of luggages. There are not so many restaurants or shopping malls nearby. The breakfast is quite nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Would do a simple review on this :

Positive side : room are clean, air coins fast and water pressure is good. and the staff Is frIendly, and the cIgar lounge guy(Alex) Is quite interesting. Most importantly is it unique design for the hotel.

Negative side : the lounge open only at 5pm, kinda late for me, it near to a mall but it sell basic stuff. Near to a few pub but it not very entertaining. Most importantly is, the housekeeper open my door when I was in the room, while I put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door, I find this is today unacceptable, what if I am doing something private in the room? Hope the management will teach the staff the proper way of housekeeper.

Overall, it a nice place to stay, if you looking for a unique experience, or just want to find a place to have a laidback day lazing around, but if you are looking for nightlife or really shopping, this might not be the one.

I will still next back here, because of the unique room.
Keith

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Simple_guy88
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel is one of a kind. So unique in every way, not only the designs of the rooms and entire hotel( which might I add are amazing! I want the name of their designer) but the service and the staff; amazing. My boyfriend was I'll and I got talking to the beautiful manager and we talked about the gold coast, Australia as that's where I'm from and she asked if there was absolutely anything they could do and I said a bath would be amazing and so they upgraded us to the penthouse, the only room with a bath. For no extra charge! And we were lost for words. The room was incredible. The most amazing room I have ever seen! I can't even begin to explain it. We got free breakfast and our special own cooked breakfast extra. Many room changes as we wanted. Dvd player ect.. I could go on forever about this hotel and it's staff. But all I can say is I'ts the only hotel I'll EVER stay at from now on in Malaysia. But you need to experience it yourself so just go there and experience pure bliss.

• Stayed: July 2012