“Boutique for leisure”

Bliss Boutique Hotel
Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“Boutique for leisure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2016

This is my second stay at Bliss hotel and i would say my first visit is better as compare to my recent visit.

I booked a Designer room for a night the staff who check me in is friendly and given option for us to choose the design of our room.

We chose the orange base room and to our surprise the room is so much prettier but the toliet is extremely small,
Amenties in the room can be better though etc cotton bud.

Overall, this is a nice bouqtiue and the location is near Plaza Pelangi,

Room Tip: Rooms with window
  • Stayed March 2016, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2016

I selected this place because it looked funny, and it does in reality too. I also chose it because of positive reviews. The room was very basic as was the bathroom. The bed was OK though and wifi worked fine. There a little restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2016, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2016

It was my second time staying in Bliss and i am never disappointed for these 2 stays as the service and room have reached my expectations and this is definitely value for money.

The room may require some maintenance and slight refurbishment, but the overall decor was still pretty good. Despite being the nearest room to the elevator, it was not as noisy as i thought it would be. Good to see some chilled beverage a the hotel lobby area especially when the weather is extremely humid. Friendly staff at the desk who greets us whenever we walk past them. They were also very helpful to get us a taxi to send us to the airport.

The only slight hiccup was when i informed the staff at the desk to send up my cake at a certain timing but it was not passed over to the next shift so i had to go down to the desk to collect it myself. Small issue so not much of a problem. Overall still a satisfying stay and would love to come back again.

• Stayed March 2016, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2016

Had stayed a few times before at this hotel and this will be my first time review for this hotel.

Location:
- Near a number of eateries (Chinese,Malay, Indian) with about maximum 10 mins walk away.
- Near Pelangi Plaza (Shopping mall, small one and nothing much to do)
- Near KSL CIty (Mega Shopping mall, about 10 mins taxi)
- Near City square (About 10 mins taxi from City square to Bliss and from Bliss to City square about 5 mins taxi)
- Convenient to take taxi (hardly has to wait for more than 5min for a taxi to be available)

Services
- One of the best hotel staff and front desk i had ever encounter before. Friendly and very approachable staffs. (Thank you Ann)
- Always serve welcome drink and hot towel upon check in
- Housekeepers are clean and honest (Never lost a cent once)

Wifi
- Strong and reliable (Do not need to step out of the room to enjoy good wifi)

Cleaniness
- As it is a non smoking room hotel, generally the rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds,bathing towels are clean with no left over smell.

Rooms for improvement suggestions:
- Breakfast can be improved...but still okie for the taste except the roti pratas where its always cold and tough. Nasi Lemak is good but the hotel do not serve them everyday if i am not wrong
- Magazines are out dated
- TV Channels can be improved (A bit boring sometimes at night, limited choices)
- More powerful shower head will be additional plus plus point though current one is ok.

Will continue to recommend this hotel to all travellers for short holidays in J.B.

Room Tip: You can request to the front desk for a good quiet room...they will be pleased to assist.
  • Stayed March 2016, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

First of all, boutique hotels are known to be unique in style. The rooms are generally small unless you take the suites or family rooms. If you are fussy over whether there is room service or laundry service or even whether there will be someone opening the doors for you all the time, then you may just want to consider staying somewhere else instead.

This trip for me is just me and my backpack, for 3 days of me time.

With that in mind, I find the room to be in a good size. The bathroom is tight even for one person. The pleasant thing is there is a safe in the room, as well as a hair dryer (very important for a girl). There are also magazines, complimentary bottles of water, tea and coffee and a kettle. The bed is ok. The air con in the room cools pretty fast and there's a working water heater. Toiletries were provided - toothbrush + toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo and soap. I didn't use any of them cos I brought my own. Haha.

So there you have it. The basics are there.

The TV has movie and local channels. Room is clean. The wall is certainly not sound proof. I can hear people walking and talking just outside my room. Not a biggie. The breakfast is just nice. Not a spread but good enough for a girl's diet. If you're a big eater then u can just keep going back for more cos they refill very fast.

The staff are friendly. They smile at you and in generally helpful if you ever needed help. Hot towel and welcome drink is provided when you arrive, seldom seen in boutique hotels. So that's cool.

Lastly, if you're gonna take a taxi anywhere, I suggest you take a short walk to plaza Pelangi and take the taxi from there. I had a 100% hit rate on the drivers using the meter. I tried hailing one along the road just outside the hotel and he wanted to charge me rm15 for a short ride to ksl. Really? I took the metered one and it cost me just rm5.

Will I stay there again? Yeah sure.

Stayed March 2016, travelled solo