“Quirky, clean, comfortable.”

Bliss Boutique Hotel
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Excellent standard for a 3 star hotel. On arriving we were served a welcome drink and were asked to choose our room décor from an album, each room is different.The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean, with a comfortable bed, satellite tv and everything needed for a short stay. The cleaning and security staff were friendly and efficient and the receptionist (Julia) was cheerful, friendly, helpful and a credit to the hotel. As stated on previous reviews although clean, well equipped and modern, the wet room is on the small side, so if you are on the large size you may struggle. I also take on board the reviews which state that the wall paper is peeling in places, yes it is, a tiny bit, if you really search but this is a 3 star hotel, not a five star and as such is of a very good standard and great value for money. There is is a small, modern shopping mall a few metres away, with coffee bars, fast food outlets and a decent supermarket. Also close by, are bars, cafes, eateries and a taxi rank. A beautifully quirky boutique hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pic152

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I was warmly welcome on my arrival with a welcome drinks and a warm towel. A Thumb up for the service staff. The lobby had a nice Xmas deco with a back massager. I am able to choose which designer room i prefer. I chose a Pink Forever. The room was small but nice and toliet was clean. After a short nap, I felt itchy? Bedbug?? OMG! The TV signal - Some channel like Fox movie, CNA, Suria is clear but other like Ch8, Ch5, TVB8 is very blur. They had a decent breakfast such as Fried Bee Hoon, porriadge, nasi lemak, prata and etc. The dining area was neat and simple. Location - For those who drive, there's Free Parking lot. For those who don't drive you have to take cab to and fro. My total transport cost abt $32RM (City Sq to Bliss $8RM, Bliss to KSL $8.50RM, KSL to Bliss $8.50RM, Bliss to City Sq $7RM) depend on the traffic.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We only arrived @ hotel about near 3am. Check in was easy. There was parking by the street right outside the hotel, with a valet staff keeping watch, hence I deem it's pretty safe.
This is not my first time here, hence I didn't have much expectation, the rooms size was just nice, with separate shower and toilet, the wash area was outside with a huge mirror(that's great).
However this time around, I noticed a musky smell when approaching the room and inside the room.
My friend caught a few mosquitos, so that was kind of a worry for us.
We had free breakfast the next morning, there was nasi lemak, bee hoon, porridge, prata, garlic toast(self spread) and cereals. It was the same spread when I visited the other time.
I have to say that it is a very good deal for a night stay that comes with breakfast, but there's always room for improvement. =)

Room Tip: Get the rooms with windows
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Nice and cozy. Wifi speed was fast. 10mins Walking distance to ksl and the famous night market.
the down side is not only the room is small, toilet is even smaller than you can imagine other than that everything else were fine

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chinhua H
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We stayed at this hotel for one night. Initially we were given a dark dingey room which was filled with the smell of cigarettes. We asked for a change of room and were given a better and bigger room with good interior design. However little did i know that they had bed bugs! I woke up in the morning with about 20 bites all over my hand and rists which was a cause of distress as they were very painful and extremely itchy!. The doctor confirmed that this was indeed bedbug bites and was put on medication. It was a horrible experience!!!

Breakfast buffet was ok-ish. We got there 40mins before closing so there was not much choice and most of the food was finished.

If you still decide to go there then please be very careful. I cannot remember the room number but i think it was on the second floor.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple