KSL Hotel & Resort
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$62
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$60
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$22
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$35
Zoom Inn Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Restaurant
US$285
  • Breakfast included
2,741 results
All reviewsshopping malldinosaur theme parkswimming poolunder one roofmonday nightpasar malamtriple roomnight marketsame buildingsingle bedhigh floorcity viewshort getawayhotel roomconvenient locationcounter staffwater park
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Quite good stay, will book again if with family and due to location.

(haggled) taxi fare from Iskandar immigration was 10 MYR to 12 MYR, don't pay for more. Shuttle bus rate is 1.50 MYR/pax.

Go with 2 toddlers and another 2 adults for one night, first time stay at the hotel.
Check in/out queue was slow, we arrived before 2 PM, served at counter at 2.30 PM, and said our room was not ready until 3 PM, so we don't get any access cards, we need to queue again at 3 PM just to get our cards, sigh. Friendly customer service.

Luckily, hotel lobby is quite spacious with many large sofa for guest, babies can take a nap at the lobby while waited for the room.

Into the room, amenities quite complete, hair dryer, fridge, safety box, TV, toilet bowl with bidet, iron and ironing board, a clean queen and super single bed, missing hand/face towel and not so clean carpet under the bed (we moved the bed for toddlers to sleep safely).

Kids love the swimming pool although very cold water, the dino statues just stand still, probably to save electricity. Beware, pool water was not good, short contact with eyes are enough to cause red eyes, sign lack of cleaning being done.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
KSLHotelResort, Executive Office at KSL Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Augus T,
Greetings from KSL!
Thank you for sharing your kind review in Tripadvisor. We are so glad & happy to hear that you had a great weekend trip, good stay with us & enjoyed the facilities and services offered. Look forward to the honor to serve you again in the future. Enjoy up to 13% discount when you book directly from our hotel website. You cannot get a better deal.
Have a pleasant day. Thanks.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

An impromptu stay with my girlfriend since the last time we travelled together to Johore Bahru. Unfortunately staff was unable to tell me which party charged my credit card upon check-in. He had to checked with "someone" from the back office thrice before telling me the correct answer. The waiting time for their lift was horrendous. There was no warning signal to indicate overcrowding. Thus, we were all stuck in the lift for almost 15 minutes until help came to vacate us. Nothing "wow" us for this stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Imee_Hussein,
Greetings from KSL!
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. As a hotel with high expectation in service excellence, we’re sorry to hear on any shortfalls pertaining to services & facilities provided. We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. Your feedback will definitely be shared with the team for better improvement. Look forward for the honor to serve you again in the future. Enjoy up to 13% discount when you book directly from our hotel website. You cannot get a better deal.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed there during super peak period 1-2 Jan and check in was super slow. We took 1hour to check-in. You also need to queue for the lift. The hotel card given was faulty. We had to went down to change and queue again for the lift. Room wallpaper are peeling off and we found a opened beer in the fridge and water in their kettle. Seems like the room service didn't check. The towels stinks like it was use as a rag!
The only good point is the location and food nearby!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Tylin T,
Greetings from KSL!
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. As a hotel with high expectation in service excellence, we’re sorry to hear on the shortfalls pertaining to services & facilities provided during your recent stay with us. We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. Your feedback will definitely be shared with the team for better improvement. Look forward for the honor to serve you again in the future. Enjoy up to 13% discount when you book directly from our hotel website. You cannot get a better deal.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Checked into a twin room over the New Year weekend. We were given a double bed and a single bed. No problem for the two of us. Hotel is conveniently located above the KSL Mall so you get plenty to shop. Do take note that KSL Mall is older than others so there may not be much to buy unless you are into mobile accessories.

Our room is located on Tower 2, overlooking the pool. I didn't like it that we could see clearly into the rooms located on Tower 1. This means that others can be looking into our rooms too. We ended up having the blinds drawn throughout our stay. I prefer my hotel rooms to be lighted up by natural sunlight.

Room is generally clean but the Bath towels are very smelly! Both the towels stink like dried up sweat. I doubt they were cleaned properly with detergent. We requested for a change of towels and the 2 towels redelivered still stinks. I didn't use it at all.

Soundproof is almost non-existent. We can hear the music playing along the corridor very clearly throughout the day and also chatters and foots shuffling of people along the corridor. It is quite disturbing. Air con made lots of noise in the middle of the night too.

I will most probably not revisit this hotel in future as cleanliness is a top priority in my choice of hotel and the stinky bath towels completely ruin my impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Julietz234,
Greetings from KSL!
Thank you for your recent stay and we truly appreciate your valuable time on the feedback to us. As a hotel with high expectation in service excellence, we sincerely apologize for the service lapse you encountered during your recent stay. We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. Look forward for the honor to serve you again in the future. Enjoy up to 13% discount when you book directly from our hotel website. You cannot get a better deal. Have a pleasant

Reviewed 5 January 2017

i was here for 2D1N stayed after we checkout from New York Hotel JB during December Sch Holiday.
As a 1st timer experienced to this hotel,I read thru all the hotel review by travellers and intended to explore myself the peak period checkin procedure.As usual,I called KSL resort hotel about 9 plus in the morning to ask if we could have an early check-in.
I was attended by Husnah the font desk and her replied was helpful and allowed me to have early check in since the room which i booked under Superior Triple was available and left 1 room but no bathtub facilities.Since KSL and New York was not a far distance so we agreed to have that room.
Check in was a breeze and hassle free ones since we arrived before the checkin time.
I was given Tower 2 ,8th floor.City view and guessed what,horrible view.DO NOT take 8th floor,city view caused you will see only water tank and no view at all.Trust me.
Since the aircon also not cool enough,I requested for a room change.Thereafter,I was given level 25th,city view too since pool view rooms not vacant upon the time we check in.There was a room availability at corner of level 25th but Husnah worried that the aircon not functioning well too since we have changed room 2 times.
Fine,I understand on that since we are the one who wanted to have early check in and agreed on city view.
Level 25th room was a satisfaction only the toilet biddet not working well.OH WELL!tired of complaining,I just forgo that issue since it was only 1 night stayed.
Duplex Triple room,more modern concept,large TV,more movie channel and with bathub facilities.

Level 7.
Tower 2
-swimming pool
They have normal pool and dinosaur theme park which is free for hotel guest.My children cant get enough of the themepark only that my review was that the floor was slippery inside pool and the pathway.Be extra cautious if you have a young children.
Floater are available for rent at a deposit of RM10.

Game area
-Billiard pool table,Golf,table tennis,Gym and coin machine game
The best for kids if they wanna have fun after swimming at game area.My kids played table tennis at a cost of RM5/hr for 2 or 4 bat.Kindly take note that for table tennis,regardless of how many bat it was rm5.I did make an enquiry with the incharge during day time before I checkout caused,my son was charge RM10 for 4 bat during 2nd time they played in the evening.
When the 1st time,we was charged RM5 only, regardless how many bat we want.
After all the clarification,the incharge of the pool area,refund us back RM5.
To me,its not a matter of money or refund thingy,I just want them,the staff,to have same standard of working.

Breakfast.
-AWESOME FOOD SPREAD!!! Please choose with breakfast voucher if you booked your hotel caused it was really awesome and delicious breakfast spread.Tip-top cleanliness and very attentive waiter/waitress
I don't mind to pay extra for my kids caused of the delicious and spread breakfast.

Since the hotel was linked to a mall,it was convenience for us and my kids to wonder around in the hotel and mall itself.Overall,I would love to come back again because of the convenience location and shopping centre link to the hotel.
Another thing,for those taking public,you may take public bus or shelter bus they called it,at the cost of RM1.50 PER PERSON.The bus arrives every 20 mins outside hotel ,near to coffee bean shop and alight at JB CENTRAL bus interchange.This shuttle bus stop at certain mall only.(CAUSEWAYLINK BUS)

i would certainly recommend this hotel to my peers and relatives.Thanks for the awesome stay KSL RESORT HOTEL JB :))

Room Tip: Tower 2 and High floor facing pool view is awesome.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family