Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$2
Expedia.comUS$14
TravelocityUS$14
CheapTicketsUS$14
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020

Date of stay : 23.9.2020 - 24.9.2020
Room no : 704

Location : The hotel is located right at the heart of JB. It is simply near to the shopping complex and the causeway. At night, there are food truck at the side of the hotel and within walking distance to Bazaar Karat. It is easy to spot. But there are very limited amount of parking spaces. We ended up parking just next to the breakfast hall.

Reception : The reception area is very spacious and clean. The waiting area is large and the sofas are soft and clean. The hotel, from my POV, is taking very good precautions against COVID. I check in with a pair of workers. The lady is Fatin Farhana. I did not know the name of the guy. Both of them are super helpful and very attentive. They treated us softly and politely. I am very happy with their services. When we checked in, we found out that there are only one towel. We called the reception and asked about this, within 5 mins, a fresh towel arrived.

Room : We tried to ask for a deluxe room with queen bed, however, the hotel dont have that room anymore. So they sent us to 704, superior twin bed. The room is in perfect size. And this is where it is surprising me. I read a lot of bad reviews about this hotel, but my room is 90% perfect. The view is amazing, the lighting all works well. Hot water is nice but the AC can only go to minimum as 20degree, a bit high. The bed is nice, pillow and duvet are okay. The window sofa is perfect for city viewing. The wardrobe is nice, TV is working perfectly and we didnt try the mini bar. However the next day when we want to check out, the AC leaks some water. We just turned it off, went downstairs and check out. In my conclusion, the room is super okay.

Breakfast : The breakfast is served at the Ground floor from 7.30am till 10.30am (if I am not mistaken). I tried every single meal there. The choices arent spread enough but just about the right size for me. There are porridge, fried rice, fried beehoon, sausages, baked bean, toasted bread, salads and fresh fruits. The fried rice taste a bit bland but the the beehoon taste very nice. The sausages are in qood taste and the salad is fresh. I just disliked the fruit, you should try not to serve lemon in the morning. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Facilities : The hotel is equipped with 2 elevators. The elevators are a bit old but works okay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

I was there last weekend for a one night stay. It was my 2nd time at this hotel. We booked a family room. It was spacious for all of us. There are 4 of us. My brother last minute decided to join. The breakfast was delicious even that there are not much spread. Still ok, and delicious. There are food trucks next to the hotel. The only thing is that, there are limited parking space. I had to parked my car accross the road. I was lucky to have that last spot. Thats the only problem for me. Other than that, this hotel is valued for money.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Sentral JB from 27 to 28 July 2019. It was a terrible one night stay. The whole place looked so rundown and filthy. Even the carpet in the lift was torn. The room was dim and old. Bed and pillow was uncomfortable and looked dirty.
Two baby cockroaches welcomed me when I tried to use the kettle! The toilet had crackes everywhere. I will never come a second time.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank lo0mc
Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

Read mixed reviews of the hotel.
Got the family room, to be honest it was better than what we expected.
AC working well, fridge cool, reasonably clean.
Yes there are fixtures in the room that could use some sprucing up. But otherwise, really everything is decent.
Staff was friendly and helpful, despite the lateness of the hour (1 am) acceded to our request for additional pillows (turns out it was the reception staff who became housekeeper and send the items to us).
Breakfast was decent for the price.
Let's be fair, you are not in a 5 star hotel, the spread well suited for the price you paid for.

Really nothing to complain.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
managerhsjb, Manager at Hotel Sentral Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2019

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Johor Bahru!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with othe Tripadvisor visitors about your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you are overall happy with the services rendered throughout your stay and it is very pleasing to learn that the room suitable for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,
Operation Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2019

We booked for deluxe n yes we get the room for early check in. But the room is out dated n old. Dust is every where. Safebox is OOO (Out Of Order). The best part is, when we req for extra towels, we need to pay RM5 nett for each.. Wtf.... I'm surprised. The staff that sent to us from HSK Dept. As I work in hotel.. We provide the extra towel without charge.. I'll never come back to that hotel for future. I believe the management won't do anything to the staff n upgrade the room.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitors about your recent stay with us.

It was very disturbing to learn that your stay was unpleasant. However, I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of our service shortfalls.

Thank you and best regards.
Operation Manager