Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$60
Booking.comUS$60
Hotels.comUS$60
PricelineUS$60
Trip.comUS$60
TravelocityUS$60
1,338 results
All reviews the club lounge wan li chinese restaurant dim sum aeon mall five star hotel breakfast buffet business trip f b pleasant stay rain shower duty manager nasi lemak deluxe room city square bld cafe
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Every thing is Ok, room two or tree options to eat, and also bufee, service is alwais ready to help you, and close to the hotel are many places to choose for eat, also is close to the highway, I thing is a good option on the àrea, also have correct wiming pool and gym.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 120jaumes
GM-Gagan-Singh, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear jaume s,

Thank you for your rating and time in sharing your overall experience in our hotel.
We are always glad to receive feedbacks from our guests as we value their appreciation and thoughts.
I am delighted to learn that you have tried our buffet along with the facilities. It is in our hearts to always be prepared to assist our guests with passion.
I hope you will have more opportunities to visit us again to experience greater services and wonders in Johor Bahru.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Got free upgrade to corner room with extended open balcony, same floor as Club Lounge. Room was pretty large, clean and well-maintained.

Surrounding area was near to amenities such as streetside food, convenient stores and a short drive to Senibong (seafood).

Staff were very helpful, from bellboys to reception ladies. Time well spent with family.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RidzORama
GM-Gagan-Singh, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Ridzuan A,

Thank you so much for the 5 bubble rating. It's wonderful that you were able to experience the comfort of our balcony room, nonetheless, the chance to explore the nearby places.
Our team is always ready to assist with a smile so if you ever need guidance on anything, feel free to approach us at any time.
It's always a pleasure to welcome our dear guest and we hope you and your family will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

My check-in was less than pleasant, the guest officer was explaining to me where breakfast was, and she mentioned RBar, and I thought breakfast was at Cafe BLD so I asked her to clarify again, and she went "Go to RBar, turn right!". Talking about attitude! Then I took out my Marriott Dining Club membership and asked if there were privileges applicable in this property, and she went "the price you paid is the best price for the room already", puzzled I asked if there were dining privileges, she insisted the room rate was the best rate (who is asking about room rates? It's a dining card???) Frustrated, I left it as it is. Best part was, she given me a set of incorrectly programmed keycards to my room. Frustrated, I headed back to the concierge and another dude helped me replaced the key cards and assigned another staff to accompany me back to my room to assure the keycards are working.

The property was rather poorly maintained (this property isn't even that old) but looks worn out on the facade as well as the room (pic of the ceiling of my room attached). They didn't patch up the wallpaper coming off the ceiling and walls.

I went back to the same rude guest officer subsequently (she was the only one available unfortunately, my rotten luck!) to request for a taxi company number, she merely glanced at her side desk panel (there was a listing taxi companies phone numbers stuck there) implying I should look at it myself? Instead of helping me out she started chatting with a nearby colleague in Malay, how unprofessional can a hotel staff get? The bell boys were more helpful, volunteering to help me call for a transport using the Grab app. The lady guest officer spoils my experience from beginning to end.

The saving grace of this hotel is the proximity of nearby restaurants (soon fa bah kut teh is just behind) and decent massage shops (Bangkok family spa).

It's a decent hotel to stay if you ignore the minor wear and tear and the obnoxious guest officer I encountered.

2  Thank ryanheong

Dear Ryan H,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is regrettable that our Front Desk did not deliver proper and welcoming manners to you and I truly apologize for the way you were attended.
Please trust that we will action upon and train our ambassadors on delivering and attending to our guests' needs with more courtesy and mannerism. As a place for travelers to rest and inquire about the hotel and foreign location, it is vital for the ambassadors to be warm and welcoming in assisting our guests.
Despite the above, I sincerely hope you will still allow us a chance to welcome you to our hotel to experience greater services that is expected of a 5-star hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel need some improvement to be more impressive under Renaissance/Marriot brand. I was expecting more trendy furniture in the room but end up with poor condition of chair. Exterior part of building looks very aged. The buffet breakfast and dinner buffet just average

Trip type: Travelled with family
GM-Gagan-Singh, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Tajuddin H,

Thank you for your time in sharing to us your feedbacks. We value the thoughts and opinions of our guests as we treat it as a tool for improvement. I regret that we did not meet up to your expectations however please be assured that we will look into the matters with seriousness.
In spite of the above, I hope that our services have met your expectations as we believe in delivering the excellent and fine services.
I dearly hope that the experience will not deter you from visiting us again as we are always welcoming our guests to enjoy a wonderful stay in Johor Bahru.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Overall stay was pretty good. Nice room nice hotel and some good bites around the area where the hotel is situated. Pool was pretty good too, just maybe too deep for those who are not that tall.

However, just some disappointments. We were told that every thing in the room minibar that are consumable are chargeable. Quite a big disappointment to hear that after checking with the staff. We weren't even inform during check in until we consumed some and wondered abt the cost label on their evian bottle (label only exist). And it ain't cheap too. First time experiencing chargeable for all consumables in room.

Breakfast have alot of room for improvements though.

Dear Johan91_lance,

We appreciate hearing from our guests as the comments that we receive are the best tools to help us enhance our services up to their needs. However I was very disappointed to learn of your disappointment on the minibar and I would clarify that minibar items are chargeable as most practiced by hotels.
I am glad that you find the hotel to be overall good along with the places nearby. We always encourage our guests to travel and visit places in Johor Bahru with a sense of discovery.
We are looking forward to warmly welcoming you back soon on board our property, under improved circumstances on our breakfast buffet and services.