“Great Food Great Ambience ”

Olive Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #21 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the coolest chillout bistro bar in Johor with a magnificent waterfront view of the harbour.
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We came in a group of 20 people and we really enjoyed the food and the place . Mr Rajiv was very attentive in giving best of service to us , kudos to the team and definitely will come again

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a reviewReviews (156)

Reviewed 14 September 2018

This was one of the first places we went for dinner during our stay in JB. There's lots of parking spaces and the sea looked beautiful as the sun was setting. When you first arrive, it looks remote with no sign of life but when you walk down towards the restaurants, the place was buzzing with activity...a lot more foreigners, so we felt right at home. The restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived but then we realised everyone was sitting outside watching the sports on TV, where the bar is located.

We ordered a pizza for the kids but little did I realise it would be quite so spicy!! The waiter was a little silly to take down an order for cheese naan from my 5 year old but I had noticed and had that cancelled straightaway. Kids absolutely loved the watermelon juice and everything we ordered was spiced well, had depth of flavour and was cooked to perfection. The food here is better than most restaurants claiming to be Indian!! Its popularity is well deserved...a bit pricey but considering its a tourist hub, it's justified. But do watch out for the mosquitos in the evening.

We wanted to return back here to have lunch when we took our daughter to Hello Kitty but the experience of that was disastrous, so we had to find a famous burger chain to cheer her up instead. A sorely missed opportunity but if we ever return to JB, Olive is a must-go back :)

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank SRS56
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Great customer service, if I had to select 1 bar tender it would be Raj excellent service and really friendly

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I walked in the olive kitchen and placed an other for take away and wanted to try chicken tikka and tandoori naan (Indian bread) and raita (yogurt with mixed salad) the staff was good and asked me that order will take 20min so I was near by staying in hotel jen advised the staff will come after 20min.

I took my order and went to room and you believe me that the food taste was amazing and so tender and delicious that I have to place another order so that I can eat middle of the night after gym as my hunger is like an monster.

Thumbs up and on my next stay will try more dishes and will put up the review.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank faisalk913
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The food is amazing. However my 7yo and 2yo didnt like it. overall for me and my husband we love the food alot.

Date of visit: July 2018