“Disappointing Visit”

Jeju Korea Bbq Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I had read good reviews regarding this place but was sadly disappointed. My Korean friends rook me here and I was upset for them as they wanted me to taste the best. The side dishes were so so and I had the ginseng chicken which was very ordinary. My friends ordered the seafood soup with rice. There was free ice tea and ice cream potong. Service was good. However, the taste of food left me a wee bit disappointed. Maybe I should try their other dishes another day.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank bertha52323
Write a reviewReviews (96)

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Went there twice, don't find the food nice as compared to the Korean restaurants near pelangi. Tried the seafood steamboat at my second visit. Flower crab and prawns were not fresh. Seafood pancake hardly any seafood and was not cooked to standard. It was soft and sweet, not crispy at all. Disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 19 April 2016

Aside from the varieties of the side dishes, nothing is special about this korea restaurant compared to other korea restaurant. The floor and the tables were oily from all the smokes. Service wasnt excellent. Food was just so so. The most i dislikes was the smoky surrounding in the shop like you gone in an oven. Oh yeah, lots of flies as well...*shake head*

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Kids love the seafood steamboat here, we'll usually add in 2 portions of ramen at RM5 each to the bean paste seafood steamboat hotpot that we specify to be not spicy. We are served like 15 types of side dishes along with the main course we ordered. Have also tried their korean BBQ and it's good too but we mainly come here for the hotpot. Would highly recommend for a korean food fix in JB.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank tomato76
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

This review is for the Jeju branch in Mount Austin. My husband insisted we go to this place. It was a bit far from the place we were staying but we chose this than the branch posted here. We ordered the set that includes chicken, beef, and pork with a choice of kimchi or tofu soup. We had the tofu for a change. Then we added additional beef brisket. They served the 15 appetizers first. Followed by the soup and the meat to be grilled. We were surprised by the serving portion! I gotta say, big check for value of money! I was surprised and happy! Chicken and beef were perfect. The pork though, it was bland. Hopefully a bit of soy sauce and sugar. The also served cold tea and it was okay. I didn't bother to drink much of it because we ordered coke for more happiness. Due to the unexpected portion of serving, we had leftovers. The staff were very nice. They were very attentive and polite. Free potong was given to our little one by the staff. Such a wonderful experience! We are definitely coming back!

Date of visit: March 2016