“Nice Indian food but very pricey!!”
Review of Spice Grill

Spice Grill
Ranked #8 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2019

There is nice nan bread and there is a wide variety of different Indian foods as well as a fusion menu for people who don't have to have Indian. I had the nan bread with spicy curry which tasted good and my daughter went for the duck confit which was very nice but a bit small! The calamari we had as a starter was really nice as well although it was a little chewy. Service and staff was average. Overall, good experience a little slow but the food was good and I would personally recommend the nan bread and curry.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank siobhaindoyle
Write a reviewReviews (264)

Reviewed 11 April 2019 via mobile

My family and I greatly enjoyed this restaurant! Not only were the menu options vast, they spice level was amazing. There is a Fusion menu and a curry menu. It all taste great and the meats were tender. The alcoholic drinks were great mixes. The portions are also big.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

Staffs are generally well trained and they do extend their service attentively

Ambience
The have a semi outdoor and great full indoor restaurant sitting areas. Decor is modern and music is soothing to hear. Fragrance inside the restaurant is quite pleasant and easy.

Price point
This is the part made my whole rate given as 2 star. I feel this restaurant’s entrepreneur have cascaded too much of their operating cost on the food itself. Which supposed to be, however certain food pricing is exorbitant. We are 5 kids and 4 adults and we spent a total of RM900+ which is a pricing bracket for upper scale restaurant in JB - KL areas. What disappoint the most is basic element of Indian food is rice and they charge $8.00- $9.00++ per small bowl of of plain Basmati Rice. As it is, each of their main dishes costs around 200++ each.

Taste wise, if you love South Indian palate, these food are a complete letdown. However if you are a North Indian-fusion lover then maybe this restaurant is a good fit. I personally thinks the taste and food serves the best for Non Indian foreigners and tourists in JB/SPORE. The only credit I can really give to the kitchen team is the way they mix and match few sub-district food in India and present them excellently.

To locals who are in love of authentic Indian food, do not be fooled with ranking on Trip Advisor.

Thank you folks.

1  Thank Darknight1522
Reviewed 4 March 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is definately in the upper end of Indian / fusion restaurants. They have some of the best Indian food we have tasted anywhere. The mushroom entre is fantastic.
The only area I think they could work on is the sometimes confused service - their aim is obviously to ptovide exception service, however they sometimes get in a muddle between the different waitors. Its not a big issue.
We have visited several times and will continue to do so. I do fully recommend it to anyone who enjoys great indian food.

1  Thank Shindo123
Reviewed 25 February 2019

A "we must-eat-at-this-restaurant" everytime we visit JB! Each time, we are truly satisfied - food and service - always and consistently good.