“Great service ”

Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: International
Description: This all-day dining restaurant's casual and creative menu serves up international cuisine with a local touch, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Johor Bahru. Our live cooking stations provide guests with a unique and memorable dining experience. Our restaurant is now open for a la carte dine-in for fully vaccinated guests. All set up will adhere to hygiene SOPs and social distancing as outlined by the local authorities. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 13 September 2019 via mobile

Great service from bld restaurant staff from the time we entered till the time we left. Good quality food and tasty . Good place for family gathering and festive. Keep it up

Date of visit: September 2019
chef_Mahady, DFirector of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

Dear ymc888,

Thank you for you very nice and positive review which has indeed motivated the team to continuously ensure we provide value for money service and good food quality.

Being passionate about what we do does ensure we meet if not exceed our guest expectations and we always welcome constructive criticism and part of our learning process to delivery excellent service and food quality.

We're glad we managed to do this for you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards

Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel

Write a reviewReviews (358)

Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

I and my family had visited your restaurant on 8th September to celebrate my daughters birthday..(Not decided to ask for any arrangement at my side of the staff approach at front desk)

Unfortunately, the sub-standard food served in yourrestaurant really dampened our spirits.The dinner started off in a very disappointing way when we were arrive. I have 6 vouchers in FAVE and your cashier (Stagghorn) If I remember his name correctly, swipe all my 6 vouchers for 4 adults.

When I approached him, “Why did you swipe 6 vouchers for 4 adults? He replied “I will leave remarks in my system and you can walk in anytime” Is this a hotel standard? Don’t even feel sorry for what he has done? No greeting, no welcoming and poor service at reception.. (RM99) buffet come with KopiTiam service?

Most of the hot food was cold, The Main Course tasted equally pathetic. They all seemed to taste the same.

Curry was good, Sea-bass with lemon was terrible, soup was totally outrage. Regret and totally not recommended compared with other places.

I hope hotel management could look into it and improve your service standard. Your staff are totally not friendly and not suitable to be work under hotel environment. My first experience become worst experience.

Regards,
Indran Nair

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank IndranNayer
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

Dear IndranNayer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us further note on our shortfalls. We're known to have the best buffets in Johor Bahru however, this time we have fallen short on our quality and standards for which i hope you'll except my sincere apologies.

Feedback has been relayed to the team and Executive Chef for further training and improvements. Please do contact me on my e-mail Mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com to further discuss in details on your experience and to again win your loyalty and continued trust in us.

Regards

Mohamad Mahady
Director of food and beverage

Reviewed 18 August 2019

Despite some review stated that this is one of the best hotel buffet, the variety of food is bad, Low quality buffet food with high price tag, BBQ item is sub par, cheap ingredients, repetitive dishes.

Good for hotel guest that attend seminar or workshop kinda quality.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank ScorchedSun
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Dear Sunshinefood,

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback and we have fallen short this time of meeting your expectations for which i am very depressed as we pride ourselves in providing the best of both service and food quality in the Cafe BLD.

I would like to have more details and what areas of improvements we can do to ensure we maintain our reputation as the best buffet hotel in Johor Bahru.
Please do send me more details on my e-mail, mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com.

Reviewed 12 August 2019

Not sure what the hype is all about! Tried the buffet. Was average. A lot of choice if you count the number of dishes served, but if you really looked at what really are in the dishes, it's pretty standard. Service was not that great either, probably because it was a busy weekend. I'm not sure if we will re-visit.

In summery, not worth a special trip, but if you are staying at the hotel, it's not bad.!

Date of visit: August 2019
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2019

Dear www1960,

Thank you for your constructive feedback in which me and the team take seriously as an added vantage point to improve our shortfall in both food offered and service rendered which has no excuse what's so ever regardless of the peek periods.

To add on, We've taken immediate steps to upgrade the buffet and added some of the Chefs signature specialties while emphasizing on more training for our service crew regardless of the busy periods we're having.

We would love to have you back in the near future and to regain your loyalty once more. Please do contact me at mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com to further discuss your experience in more details and what you would like to see on our buffet.

Reviewed 7 August 2019

My wife and I come here every year for birthdays, so we have seen a lot of changes here. This year the new executive chef, Arnold, runs a great restaurant that catered to our every need. From remembering our drinks, main course favorites to desserts, It was just incredible. We look forward to returning next year!

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank TheBusboy
chef_Mahady, Director of Food & Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Dear TheBusboy,

Thank you for your fantastic review and feedback. Yes, Chef Arnold is also very pleased that we have met if not exceeded your expectation and remembering your drinks, main course favorites to desserts.

We're looking forward to your next visit in 2020!

Take care and best regards,

Renaissance hotel Johor Bahru