Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$19
US$21
Agoda.com
US$17
eDreamsUS$21
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2018

the hotel name itself portray the glorious image of this hotel once upon a time.
however, the management now need to know there is an urge to refurbish the hotel.
the smelly room, the dirty utensil, and the food was not that nice.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Asrul S
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Good customer service and good location, within city center. But the hotel itself need a serious makeover, old design interior and exterior. clean bathroom. but the room is too noisy. can hear outside of the room or next door talking.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2017

if you wanna blink...do it now..because this story of mine will bring u into a lot of fantasy.. why? don't believe me?
ok..first..i was a desperate traveller at the time i booked this hotel because i did not plan my trip, don't even plan where i'm going with my family..i'm out from my home in malacca at 8pm, stop by at my parent's in KL at 10pm then straight on my journey to no where up to north.. at 12midnight, my wife asked me where do i wanna go..i replied to her "actually i don't know" :) then i stop at the rest area at RTC Perak, eat & rest, i start looking for hotels and tripadvisor suggest me Hotel Grand Crystal Kedah.. reasonable price, good looking hotel, near to town, easy access to local food restaurant and a lot of things going on nearby to this hotel.. in blink of eyes, my mother finger tap onto the confirm booking tap.. proceed with payment.. off we go to the Hotel in Alor Setar.. simple as that!!..i arrived there at 6pm (drove the car at 80-90 km/h) i stop in front of the hotel.. go to the lobby.. hit the bell and pop!! the receptionist appear infront of me.. a good looking man in his hotel uniform with a smile he greet me "welcome to Hotel Grand Crystal Kedah, Sir"..i gave him the detail of my booking.. and i know i'm suppose to check-in earliest at 2pm.. but trying my luck i asked him for early check-in..and guess what? he willingly and kindly said that he will assist me with the early check in without any cost impact :)..wow!! very good hotel i said to myself.. then after he check here & there.. confirm!! i can enter my room at 11am.. yes!! now i only have to bring my family for a breakfast and then fill our time until 11 am by going around city of Alor Setar.. at 11am i when there, my key is ready and my check in process is complete.. very fast.. very efficient & offcourse i'm very happy.. we had a very comfortable stay there for 4 days & 3 nights.. but offcourse there is some setback of this hotel, its very old building and due for refurbishment, the breakfast preparation is not so variety and even there is no refill once the food is finish but there is still people comes for breakfast and we only take what left in the tray.. in overall, it is a good hotel, nice and spacious.. but need some management involvement in getting the building look attractive and to make it more fun.. i strongly recommend this hotel and please try it yourself.. u will feel satisfied.. the end....

Room tip: you can asked for 2 queen bed room for big family.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Don_Issac
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel is that it looks dark & gloomy. The hotel looks like it never had any renovation to improve its appearance since the 1970s, from the dusty fountain, creaky elevators, everything here looks antique. They had an air conditioning problem since the time i checked in, until around 10PM. I will never recommend this hotel to any friends or family. Avoid at all costs.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 968adir
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The staffs are friendly & helpful. Location is very good & convenient to shopping center & food court is nearby.
The room & corridor is damp & smelly.
Room interior need to upgrade.
The air condition is not working though I have on it for whole day. Overall, this hotel need to upgrade & refurbish.

Date of stay: October 2016