Grand Alora Hotel(Alor Setar)
US$49
Hostel Ah Wai, Hostel Ah Zhi(Alor Setar)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$19
US$34
DOTA Hotel(Alor Setar)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$61
Homestay Sri Uda A(Alor Setar)
US$73
Art Villa(Alor Setar)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$45
TripAdvisor
Damai Park Resort(Alor Setar)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom conditionmineral waterno liftdispenserwifialorbed
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Is available for single room with reasonable price. Inside the room is clean & neat, space is quite wide for only 1 pax room and he bed is comfortable sleep for a night. Staff are friendly as she recommend some nice food nearby the hotel. There's plenty of restaurant nearby and also shopping complex. Overall it's good place for solo traveler or business stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2017

During my stay at this hotel (January 2017), the hotel just nice may be because it's new hotel. I got ground floor room, beside the room is parking so not privacy. The room also quite small to family.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Saifuddin I
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Staff hotel was friendly and very helpfull. I stay at 2nd floor. Room cleanliness was good and i'm happy with the room condition. No lift for this hotel, luckly i stay at 2nd floor. No issue for park your car bcuz this hotel hv a lot car park lot.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mohd H
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Came here out of sheer desperation honestly. Did a short run up to the north side Alor Star, Kedah from Ampang, Selangor (suburb of Kuala Lumpur) as that's where mum's hometown is and it's been quite awhile since she saw her eldest sister. Drove both her, dad along with wife and 2 below 5 years old nieces, at that time thinking that I've secured a (different) place through booking.com's app. Cut the story short that hotel dubiously "lost" my reservation and coolly asked me to just drive over anyways and try to make the 2pm check in time. By which point I was disgusted enough and told the missus to get busy on her handy when we were already just an hour away. Thankfully AST weren't that busy that day and the wife liked how the person in charge handled the phone call enough so the coin flipped as they say.

FREE and AMPLE enough parking space I'll start with that and always a huge plus. They got this semi squared basement side and back topped off by the front side's good for 5 cars' spots. During check-in manager in charge was kind enough (Miss I forgot your name so do let me know in your reply :)) to lead and gave my wife a brief lookover of the rooms before we paid up. Believe me this is an absolute rarity for most hotels in its segment and on our end it was much appreciated.

We got us 2 standard double rooms for a rate that I wouldn't haggle at all given the condition of the rooms yes it's that good. Clean, everything working in order and doesn't scream bargain bin cheap. 2 nights done and no complaints.

Hoping that they'll add another branch closer or in central Alor Star town but hey maybe that's for another review in the future. Will come back when we need to do this trip again somedays.

Room Tip: Whatever you do AVOID from getting any room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank 0ChakAmin0
Reviewed 6 January 2016

New, clean, modern-design, cozy, reasonably priced, convenient (with snacks and drinks sold at the lobby, multi-language news papers, water dispensers). This hotel exceeded my expectation, and it was cheaper and much more valued for money if compared to other budget hotels such as Tune Hotels!

Room Tip: Select a room with windows
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple