“Mid range price and nice food”

Islandish Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #128 of 551 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2016

This is one of the few places I can eat a meal without exceeding RM$10 per meal and it display vegetarian options in their menu, which is rare in Langkawi other than the Indian restaurants. Hope they can improve by adding more options for vegetarians.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Islandish is yet another well-established institution in Langkawi that is rapidly disappearing due to ‘greedy landlords’ and so called ‘Government Development’!! It does good basic food at various levels, live seafood is not cheap anywhere and they are no different to current market prices.

Generally we go there in the afternoon for a few beers – draught tiger, which is getting to be a rare species these days – happy hour starts at 15.00 Hrs – 5 MYR a beer, starters, such as spring rolls or crispy squid – 7 or 8 MYR. What more could you want for afternoon tea !!!

I have been going to Islandish on and off since it opened. Jason has built it up from scratch and some of the reviews of late I think do not reflect the current situation and I think are somewhat unfounded.

Jason said that he will re-open Islandish in new premises across the road in the new building on 28th March – such is Langkawi!!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

They have specials, and they stick by their price. Taste average.

Here is how they get you. You order a small crab, listed around 18rm in their menu, you will get a large, around 50rm. (5e vs15e)
If you order a prawn, listed around 42 rm, you will receive one worth 110rm (13e vs 40e)
So when you expect rm100 or so bill including drinks, you can enjoy your rm200+ cost.
Make sure you check the weight before buying.

Absolute thumbs down.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Went to this restaurant in January 2016 with my boyfriend. Before I found this restaurant I had a few very bad meals in Langkawi. It was a pleasure to find this place. We both thought the food was amazing and went back 5 times over our holiday. The food was definitely one of the best on Langkawi Island and I would highly recommend, the cocktails were also very good. Never had a bad meal. We also found it always looked full and never went in the first few times however if you ask for a seat they will try their best to have you seated. The staff were very accommodating . I would not say we had a long wait for our food, maybe one time the food was 20 minutes longer than I expected but nothing to worry about when they acknowledged the fact that you had not had your food and advised us how much longer we would wait even when we did not ask the question. You can ask for more than this. Definitely do not leave Langkawi without eating at this restaurant. If I go back on holiday here this would be the first place I would go for my first meal as it was that good. My friends joke that I always have a moan about my food wherever I go and always ask me what's wrong with what ever I am eating. I can truly say the food was amazing and I thank the staff and chefs for what the cooked us it was a pleasure coming to your restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

The place had a nice crowd so we thought to give it a try. Service was fast but we didn't see one smile from the staff at any given time so the place lost some points right there. King prawns were priced by the pound but we never saw the actual weight and when the invoice came out it's 100% sure we were betrayed but didn't have the energy to argue. After all it was partly our own fault as well. This turned out being a very expensive dinner but only low average in taste. As their only dessert item, ice cream, was out of stock we saved some calories at least. Would not go again.

Date of visit: February 2016