4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 25/05/22
Aloft.comUS$96
PricelineUS$96
Hotels.comUS$96
All reviews nook restaurant infinity pool splash bar marriott group buffet breakfast sunset view a sea view room kids club breakfast was amazing spacious room pleasant stay f b check in was smooth front office stayed here for nights duty manager titanium
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2022

It was our first time back in Langkawi after probably ten years. It was not a planned trip as we were supposed to go to Desaru before floods changed our plans for us. The hotel was a chanced booking, as we would usually prefer staying at Westin.

The property itself exceeded our expectations, with a vibrant feel and cool ambiance. I failed to take the name of the guy who helped us checked in but the process was smooth, even if perfunctory.

Food was good, either you were there for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We were at the property for five days and the food served were always enjoyable. The beach, which was five minutes walk away or simply a buggy away was nice. Its secluded, not crowded with soft white sand promises a good outing.

There were hiccups here and there, like on the second day when we came back from our outing at 1800 hours we discovered that our room has not been made up. As a Bonvoy member I prefer the chat function and it went unanswered. I had to go down to the reception desk as calls were unanswered as well. On the third night, my wife had to wait for an hour for her dinner to be served due to a miscommunication. I like the fact that the staff was truthful about it and offered a good gesture and took the food off the bill. I did feel a little guilty if the guy who took our orders had to pay for it.

Staffs were more friendly towards us on the thirdto the fifth day. I reckon the majority are new and trainings are ongoing.

All in all, had an enjoyable stay despite the hiccups. There’s a huge probability that we will not return as we prefer a beachfront resort more than anything else but if I were to be in Langkawi beyond family vacations then I wouldn’t mind staying here again.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kamal R
Reviewed 30 December 2021

Checking in after the weekend flood disaster in KL, it feels good that the sun decide to show up and wake up the gloomy sky. The reception area was a little chaotic cause many people checking out. However, my check-in was smooth and need to wait till 3 pm as usual. Decide to have lunch at Nook because nearby seems don't have a decent restaurant. The burger was great and it's the best burger I had on the island! The restaurant staffs were very attentive and made sure I'm ok all the time. :)

Checked in the room around 2:30 and the room us so much space! I think I can fit 10 people inside the room. The huge balcony with the big green forest view makes me feel like I'm in a Studio Ghibli's anime.

Went to the pool and had a great relaxing time, the pool staffs were very kind and always smile on their face. That makes me feel welcomed and comfortable. The bed and pillow feel like sleeping in clouds. Marriot's bed never disappoints me every time.

The breakfast choices were GREAT! I personally like to try the Mee Goreng and nasi lemak cause if these basic Malaysian favourites weren't good, what else we can expect. Well, it was GOOD and kudos to all the chefs and staff.

I already recommended my friends to come again next year. So thank you Aloft Langkawi for the beautiful experience.

Room tip: The lower floor has a good view too
Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 3 December 2021 via mobile

Purposely booked & paid usd124 for the second highest catagory (aim for the highest seaview on a Monday stay) . but upon arriving , the hotel giving excuses did not want to assign 8th floor .They Only want to assign 6th floor . Since the property already not beachfront , 6th floor u only see some seaview with mostly roof of those beachfront resort which Is quite an eye sore and unacceptable for me. And I'm not booking the lower catagory room and asking for an upgrade.

Upon some argument then they only agree to gave me 7th but on the left wing with big tree blocking the most of the view, this is Tree View, Not Sea View ! Very unhappy & feels like they really not sincere & bother about about my request . Continue to argue again & finally got the 8th floor by downgrading the category (short balcony with chair) which is fine for me because I'm coming for the seaview (and its not really nice seaview by the way ) & not for the long balcony with sundeck since it's raining everyday in Langkawi .

After happily settled into the desired room, another nightmare begins .Constant loud drilling from 10am.to 6pm. I cant even have a peaceful rest after i had my breakfast. Its really horrible & irritating , couldn't stand it anymore and check out straightaway.

I paid premium wanting a peaceful island holiday & not here for horror loud drilling noise . I wonder why they can't do all the maintainance work during the many months lockdown periods ?!

Despite the unpleasant stay & front office experience (The FO Staff Are Friendly & Nice But The Way Of Handling My Reservations Is Less Satisfactory) . The dining experience was actually quite ok. Food & breakfast were quite good. compliment to that.

But Sorry.. Never Again ! This Is A Shame Experience For A Marriot Brand Property!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank annmix
Aloft Langkawi, General Manager at Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2021

Dear annmix,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us and for your compliments on our Food & Beverage services.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. During the lockdown, our main focus was to keep our team in employment, and manage whatever minor maintenance issues we had which didn’t require major spending. When we re-opened on 16th September we opened with only 50% of our inventory and gradually increased our inventory as we stabilised the property both in manpower and maintenance works, balancing our expenditure versus earnings. This current work is new, due to tiles popping up in the room and needed immediate attention as we continue to work towards achieving full inventory.

These repair works were also why we didn’t initially put you on the 8th floor.

You were due to check out on the day the repair works started at 10am. We regret the inconvenience and irritation that this caused you during the remaining of your stay.

I understand that you have spoken to our Director of Rooms about your experience and have agreed to give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. Once again, we apologise for your unpleasant experience and we look forward to seeing you back at Aloft Langkawi

Regards,
Ammar Kevin Eu
General Manage4

Reviewed 2 December 2021

So many resorts, guest houses, to pick from when you choose to visit Langkawi but not all will be able to rise to the occasion to lift up to their brand promise or even have a brand promise. That is important when I choose a hotel and I was definitely not wrong to put my trust with a Marriot. We arrived to a beautiful lobby situated at a beautiful quiet location. We passed by many resorts along the way and mostly looking tired and old hence we were relieved to see a beautiful one welcoming us.

Upon arrival, there was a hiccup with cleanliness perhaps due to back to back over the weekend busy occupancy. Being both hoteliers, let me tell you, hiccups happen. What matters is what they do about it? Do they ignore you, find excuses to ration with you, fix your problem or go way above and beyond to recover your experience to delight! We were expecting a fix and we were again relief to have stayed in a Marriot that we would expect them to live up to their standards. But to our surprise, not only did they listen, apologise with NO EXCUSES, they immediately fixed the problem, and went beyond to delight us. The duty manager Jacob was most professional to personally ensure our room was cleaned, he chose us the best view with an upgrade. This was not enough for the aloft as they decided to host us for dinner on the last night. You can tell they really value their guest as they could have just given us a dinner but No! They pampered us with a big steamboat meal and complimentary drinks! They truly value you! We never expected this treatment as we will be happy with just a clean room but I guess that was not enough of for you! You have just made us your number one fan! You can bet that we will share this experience with our friends. It was not the free upgrade or hosted dinner, but how you valued us! Courtesy phone calls to see how we were doin, checking our satisfaction at dinner, the wonderful housekeepers greeting you with a smile every morning and perfectly cleaned rooms after by Izatul Amira. The food was of quality taste and variety especially breakfast. Kudos to the chefs. Simply Amazing and we were happy to spend every single cent with Aloft - the feeling was there take my money please… IRD, laundry, lunch… To the Aloft team, you have outdone yourselves and trust me you have gained a lifetime loyal guest who will share this experience to many others!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2021 via mobile

I would say it was a pleasant stay overall.
Bed : 10/10
Shower: 10/10 (i love the bath gel and shampoo)
Breakfast: 10/10
Amenities: 10/10

I would suggest for the hotel to add more TV channels. There’s no movie.

Also, the hotel was good enough to give us late check out at 3pm.
Very courteous.

I would come again

Room tip: Pantai Tengah is a bit dull post covid-19 MCO. Would suggest for travellers to come starting Thursday-Sunday.
Date of stay: November 2021