Seasonal Tastes - The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #46 of 441 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Westin Langkawi’s Seasonal Tastes, our signature restaurant furnished in a fresh contemporary style, offering one of the most tantalizing buffet dinners in Langkawi. With a seating capacity of up to 200 persons, complete with a private dining room, this unique restaurant embodies local sensibilities with a touch of elegance. Taste a harmonious range of flavours at the buffet restaurantevery night, including Malaysian, Indian and a plethora ofother cuisines. Seasonal Tastes offers a daily themed buffet spread that is sure to excite all discerning gourmets. On Tuesday, our passador serves meat specialities live at the table while lively performers showcase their talents. Every Friday, local fishermen haul in Langkawi’s freshest catch to present you with a delicious seafood buffetdinner while you’re mesmerized by a Malaysian cultural show. For a lively dining experience, join our poolside barbeques, where you will soak up magnificent views as you indulge in culinary highlights.
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Breakfast is the best spread I've seen.....fresh fruit, juice (different each day, freshly cooked eggs, waffles, pancakes, cereal etc etc. Breakfast runs until 11:30am so no need for lunch!

There are newer reviews for Seasonal Tastes - The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed at the Westin and had breakfast every day at tastes.

The breakfast is a buffet with so much choice, the highest standard and even make you own bellini's.

If you have experienced the buffet breakfasts in Dubai this gives a few of the hotels a run for their money.

The staff are very friendly and attentive and the chefs are our and helpful/making sure you get what you want.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

As the title says good of all cultures can be found here. Good variety of eastern, western and middle eastern. Fresh juices are nice and simple. Staff are friendly with a nice music to set the mood. Quite crowded in the morning for breakfast, but this wakes you up which is good! Nice view of the Andaman Sea and a 15 mins walk from st. Regis. At about 25 USD, you can be spoilt with choices.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We were at the Westin for 4 nights, and had all our breakfasts here.

The GOOD:

1. Very good breakfast spread, the kind one would expect from a Westin, but nothing extraordinary by that measure.

2. Nice views of the pool and the sea if you sit closer to the windows.

3. It has a good salad bar and options, which was my prime interest as I prefer not to eat much processed food, of which there is plenty !!

4. I was also pleasantly surprised by the Arabic food options in the menu, along with some regular Asian options.

5. The Bread Pudding (which I believe is middle-eastern) , which I discovered only on the 3'rd day unfortunately, is just amazing !!! With the vanilla sauce, chocolate and pistachios, and mild sweetness, it really is something delectable.

6. Staff was friendly and attentive.

The BAD: Nobody gives a damn for quality and consistency.

1. The first morning of our stay, I saw plentiful bananas near the dessert station. The 2nd morning onwards they were not there. On the 2nd morning, I asked the staff about the bananas, and they brought out a couple from the kitchen. The other mornings when I asked for them, I was flatly told there weren't any.

2. One of the mornings there was a young girl at the egg station and she was clearly a new staff who couldn't comprehend instructions well. It seemed she hadn't even been trained on how to make an omelette properly.

3. They don't serve freshly brewed tea, as one would expect in most restaurants of a 5-star resort. And given that Malaysia has the famous Cameron Highlands tea gardens, it shouldn't be so difficult to find fresh tea leaves, one would think!

4. We've stayed many times at the Westin Nusa Dua in Bali and they have a slightly better breakfast spread. for eg. the fruit station here doesn't serve papayas or apples and the options are limited -- only watermelon and pineapple and honey dew. Not even bananas !!

5. They have NO options for Wholewheat Bread whatsoever. I bake wholewheat bread at home, and I can't believe a place like the Westin has not yet come up with this option! Do they live under a pre-historic rock??? They do have one dark-brown colored bread that masquerades as whole-wheat/ rye bread but the texture tells you it's totally refined flour bread.

6. For the 4 days we were here, the air-conditioning at the 2-seat tables by the windows was not working. And the 2-seat tables are the ones where all couples naturally gravitate to since these tables also have the sea view. At least, somebody could have arranged for a fan for some ventilation ! Or is that asking for too much initiative???

The UGLY: Super noisy !

I can't believe how utterly noisy this restaurant is at breakfast !! The second you enter, you have an incessant clatter of plates, mugs, cutlery that doesn't end till you leave the restaurant. To top that, there is always the noisiest jazz or other music adding to the din. And clearly, the management knows nothing about acoustics, because the whole design of the place lends itself to noise : it's enclosed by glass, all surfaces are hard, and nothing absorbs the noise.

Plus, Most of the cutlery, crockery stations are located in the same area as the 2-seat tabbles, which only adds to the problems.

Seriously !! Where does the management of this resort/ restaurant come from??? Do they ever eat here? Can they even hear their own voice at breakfast? I found I and many others were screaming across the table to be heard...

Do they not realize this is a holiday destination that should promote a quiet, relaxing atmosphere in all areas of its premises?? I am just speechless to find that this is the noisiest breakfast venue I have come across in all my travels ... and I have traveled a fair bit ...

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We had quite a few dinners in the Seasonal Tastes (and breakfasts, too, since we were staying in the Westin Hotel for 12 days!!) and this is the restaurant that we preferred over other venues at the Westin. It was comfortable and airconditioned, the buffet was rich but so was the a la carte menu, prices were better than Tide, a 15% discount on food was offered to Starwood members. Staff were extremely polite and friendly - we enjoyed the company of Mr. Benjamin Chung, the restaurant manager, who soon became a friend and came over to talk to us and serve us, along with his staff - Zulkeply, a big Thank You for your friendly service and help with anything we needed!, Emmy, Hakim, Rusdi and everyone else who was so courteous and professional.