“Birthday celebration ”

Price range: US$12 - US$48
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Surrounded by stunning views of the Andaman Sea and nearby isles, partake in a delightful beach dining experience at Tide, the resort’s cosmopolitan restaurant. Here, you’ll find beloved flavours from all corners of the globe, from Mediterranean cuisine, pizza and pasta to the freshest of seafood and inventive platters of authentic Malaysian fare. Magnificent sunsets over the sea are the icing on the cake, making Tide an ideal place for couples to enjoy a romantic dinner for two, as well as for families to have a cosy dinner.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Recent visit to Tide restaurant was great.

Food quality has improved and the service was always the best with a smile on face.

The ambience, food, view and service makes it most a romantic restaurant in Langkawi.

I'm thankful to the staff and manager for making my husband’s birthday memorable.

There are newer reviews for Tide Restaurant - The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa

Reviewed 1 August 2017

we had dinner here on our first night. Love the view and the quality of food is excellent. good wine selection as well. excellent breads. was not all that pricey.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We just ate 1 meal here during our stay at the Westin, as we didn't want to venture out, and we didn't want to venture back here later...

The Good:

1. Pretty decent menu.

2. Lovely, open-air views overlooking the sea.

3. Staff is friendly and helpful. They didn't have the individual items from the Arabic menu that I wanted but they very kindly said I could order them separately. They were also very amenable to customizing other dishes as per our requirements, for eg. I wanted Phad Thai without Seafood.

4. Serving size was larger than I expected, and we couldn't finish what we ordered so take care to order conservatively.

5. Generous serving of Pita bread, and it's served really warm and fresh and tasty. You could eat it all on its own!

6. This place is convenient and open till pretty late, which is why we ended up here.

The Not-so-good:

1. This places lacks sufficient ventilation as the fans are not very effective when there is no sea breeze.

2. There is no demarcation of the Smoking Area, which means you can have smokers blowing their toxic fumes right into your meal and face if the direction of the breeze is unfavorable to you.

3. The Hummus and Muttabel we ordered were really very bland! I swear I make a killer-hummus at home, and it's so easy to do AND I'm NOT middle-eastern!!! ... I can't believe they serve this bland, tasteless paste at the Westin! Arabic food should be a lot more flavorful than they serve here.

4. The Phad Thai was extremely sweet, and what's more I had to ask for lime to be served to me so that I could cut the sweetness. Lime is usually served with Phad Thai, but not here.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We came here few times during our week in The Westin Langkawi.
The Food was spectacular, we recommend Squash Thai Soup which is delicious and has magic flavor, made by highly talented Chef Ho Chia.

Chef Ho Chia came to our table to have a chat with us, incredible and amazing men! Definitely, we are going to come back here one day!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We just got back from a family holiday at Westin Langkawi. Thoroughly enjoyed the service and our meals at the Tide. We had the "Land and Sea" and that was excellent. We also enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant which is semi opened air overlooking the Andaman Sea.
A must for those staying at Westin Langkawi