“Malaysian Treat”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant and intimate indoor Malaysian restaurant located on the first floor overlooking Telaga Harbour Marina. Privilege restaurant offers a degustation and a la carte menu with a fusion of Malay, Chinese and Indian influences. The bar offers a wide selection of wines, champagne and sparkling wine by the glass to enhance your dining experience. Wide selection of classic, house specialty and spicy cocktails and mocktails are available.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We were a little skeptical about a fine dining restaurant in a marina, but we were quickly won over by the outstanding food and the attentive staff. The elegantly understated space and warm welcome were both inviting. My wife raved about the set course meal she had and thought it was the best she enjoyed in Malaysia. I went for assorted rendang as a main dish which was richly spiced but not overpowering. My picky daughter loved the duck. Service was thoughtful and not intrusive. A great meal in an unexpected place.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Very quiet restaurant set on the marina, that serves traditional Malaysian food.

I had the Beef Rendang curry with rice, which was very good and my partner had the 5 spice duck. Both dishes were well seasoned and very well presented.

A vegetable dish with cabbage was served with the curry, however it was a tad watery for me and lacked flavour.

The home-made coconut flavour ice cream is absolutely divine, it was flavoured with vanilla and it was absolutely sublime! The right level of creaminess and flavour.

The service was also very good, both the manager and main waiter were very attentive.

We returned on the next evening of the holiday, and I had the duck. It was far superior to the beef curry, and I only wish that I was staying a bit longer so we could go again!

The chocolate fondant was to die for and the nutmeg ice cream that accompanied it was the best choice. I did interchange it for the smoked banana ice cream...however I would not recommend doing this, as the flavour does not compliment the cardamon spice in the dessert.

For under £30 for a three course meal, and to add a very good quality meal…you really can't go wrong!

Tip - if you are staying at The Danna, don't bother with the taxi, as it is only a five minute walk...if that.

Happy Eating!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Nice and good restaurant to dine with, the food and quality of food presentation is great. should try and you will not regret.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

This restaurant was recommended by another group staying in our hotel. We wanted somewhere special to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and a quick email to Peter had our table confirmed. The restaurant has a fine view over the marina and we had a wonderful meal. We weren't really going to have dessert, but were persuaded to do so and....they had decorated our plates with "Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary" in chocolate and very kindly gave us a card and a glass of dessert wine. A wonderful surprise and totally unexpected. The food was very good, the location superb and the bill very reasonable, but those extra touches really made it stand out as an example of a restaurant which cares about its customers. Thank you Peter and your team, we'll definitely be back the next time we're in Langkawi.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

This is the best restaurant we've eaten at in Malaysia let alone Langkawi. We were recommended it by our driver to the hotel and we are not disappointed. The atmosphere is very professional, white table cloths huge variety of cocktails to get you started then on to the menu. Not huge but a good variety to choose we had pakora, and samosa to start followed by a lovely chicken masala simple in words but wonderful flavours. Couldn't recommend highly enough.
Staff are attentive but not over bearing. Will come back.