“Another two fantastic meals”
Review of Privilege Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Privilege Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant and intimate indoor Malaysian restaurant located on the first floor overlooking Telaga Harbour Marina. Privilege restaurant offers a degustation and a la carte menu with a fusion of Malay, Chinese and Indian influences. The bar offers a wide selection of wines, champagne and sparkling wine by the glass to enhance your dining experience. Wide selection of classic, house specialty and spicy cocktails and mocktails are available.
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Having been on a few occasions over the last few years, once we knew we were going to Langkawi again it was a MUST to have at least one meal at this restaurant. The ambience is relaxed and friendly, the place is never too full and noisy (by design I might add, not through lack of popularity !) and the food is fantastic.
The window seats offer a view out onto Telaga Harbour and the VERY nice boats moored up there. Peter and Tony, the co-owners, are usually around and on hand to give expert recommendations on the menu if you're not sure. We DEFINITELY recommend the beef rendang, it has to be one of the best in Malaysia !
If you visit Langkawi, make sure you add this to your 'to do list'
Jumpa Lagi Privilege !

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We visited this restaurant whilst in Langkawi. It was the only restaurant we tried away from the hotel and we were looking forward to it. The food wasn't bad it wasn't good it was just average. I had the plate with four different Malaysian dishes on it, my partner the rending and we were underwhelmed. The guy who served us wasn't particularly friendly and the owner didn't introduce himself despite conversing by email.

Disappointing

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We were a little skeptical about a fine dining restaurant in a marina, but we were quickly won over by the outstanding food and the attentive staff. The elegantly understated space and warm welcome were both inviting. My wife raved about the set course meal she had and thought it was the best she enjoyed in Malaysia. I went for assorted rendang as a main dish which was richly spiced but not overpowering. My picky daughter loved the duck. Service was thoughtful and not intrusive. A great meal in an unexpected place.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Very quiet restaurant set on the marina, that serves traditional Malaysian food.

I had the Beef Rendang curry with rice, which was very good and my partner had the 5 spice duck. Both dishes were well seasoned and very well presented.

A vegetable dish with cabbage was served with the curry, however it was a tad watery for me and lacked flavour.

The home-made coconut flavour ice cream is absolutely divine, it was flavoured with vanilla and it was absolutely sublime! The right level of creaminess and flavour.

The service was also very good, both the manager and main waiter were very attentive.

We returned on the next evening of the holiday, and I had the duck. It was far superior to the beef curry, and I only wish that I was staying a bit longer so we could go again!

The chocolate fondant was to die for and the nutmeg ice cream that accompanied it was the best choice. I did interchange it for the smoked banana ice cream...however I would not recommend doing this, as the flavour does not compliment the cardamon spice in the dessert.

For under £30 for a three course meal, and to add a very good quality meal…you really can't go wrong!

Tip - if you are staying at The Danna, don't bother with the taxi, as it is only a five minute walk...if that.

Happy Eating!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Nice and good restaurant to dine with, the food and quality of food presentation is great. should try and you will not regret.