“Amazing sunsets & great new year event” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia

Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Langkawi
London
“Amazing sunsets & great new year event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 4 days over new year. I thought the hotel did really well with the New Years function - it was good fun, plentiful booze and loads of food options and amazing fireworks at midnight.

We had a sea chalet on the water which was an experience in itself being able to look through the balcony floor and see fish swimming. The sunsets were awesome and we loved sitting out with a glass or two.

However the room was very tired, bed really uncomfortable and bathroom needed an overhaul. So all felt a bit outdated and sad. The maids were excellent though and kept things really clean. No sense of luxury though, one small towel each, pitiful toiletries etc.

The beach was immaculate and the beach bar served great lunches and the staff were friendly there. The pool again is tired but very clean and good for families and couples alike.

I would agree with the other reviewers about staff training. We dragged our bags into reception on arrival with no welcome, the guy who checked us in got three things wrong. We sat for ages every meal in the hope of just getting a menu and then another 30 mins to get the wrong food pretty much every time. We even had my partner being served and given menu etc (male) but me (female) being completely ignored - whilst sitting at the same table!

Once you get over the fact its going to take hours to get anything done its a nice resort. Its not nearly as 5* or luxury as it looks on the web. With an upgrade and some serious staff training this place could be awesome. It has the location now just needs the investment.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view chalet ON water
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank me77
ManagementBLR, Front Office Manager at Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear me77,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort !

Thank you for taking the time to post this review following your stay at Berjaya Langkawi. I was sad to read your comments and to know that elements of your precious holiday were a bit disappointment. I was also sorry to read your comments regarding your arrival experience, the guy who checked you in and the slow service at our restaurant.I have reviewed your comments with the team and we had each taken down points for further improvement. I must say that we learnt many key lessons for this event – and I acknowledge that we must do better !!

We certainly appreciate your time and effort in communicating with us and assure you that comments received from valuable guest’s like yourself is taken seriously in our efforts to improve the standards of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance and till we hear from you again, I remain.

Email: Langkawi.Rsvn@berjayahotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,120)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent our Christmas and New Year at this resort last year and loved it so much we booked again for this year, the Christmas eve dinner and the New years eve party again were brilliant, the fireworks and food exceptional. Now the negatives we are a family of 6 so stayed in two beach villas like last year, the rooms are tired looking and the bathrooms need a make over, because the rooms we had we are entitled to take breakfast in the premium beach restaurent, the queues every morning are ridiculous it took 30 minutes to be seated on Christmas day, every day when we eventually got seated the staff are so inexperienced drinks took forever to arrive, all the breakfast orders were wrong meat in a vegatarian scrambled egg no order at all and rude staff. New years day we went to the Thai restaurent my husband rang for 40 minutes for the shuttle even complaining to the manager until one eventually came, We sat in the restaurent again forty minutes after ordering drinks nothing came so we complained again two drinks arrived out of 6, after two hours our food arrived it was stone cold, I complained and the staff told us all the good staff are serving the VIP house thats why we are so bad, this is a five star hotel so disappointed after such a fantastic review the year before.

Room Tip: choose beach villas
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank Cookie1695
Dear Cookie1695,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort !

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay at our resort and I
must admit that I was quite concerned to read the comments where you felt
there was some form of preference given to the guests. Of course there is no company policy on this (VIP and other paying guests) and I am at a loss to understand why your family group was given such treatment. Please accept my apologies for what must have been a very embarrassing experience and I will make a point of checking this issue out personally to ensure that this type of perception is not repeated again for any of our
guests. I've noted on your comments relating to shuttle waiting time as this will be share with the team as well.

In the mean time, I hope that you will be able to accept my sincere apology
and trust that this did not completely upset your holiday time with us here in
Langkawi.

Do let me know should you need any further assistance.

My sincere regards & renewed apologies.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

The entire resort best thing is the Pahn Thai restaurant.The rest you are paying for 5 star price and received 3 star service .The room as commented by others need 100% refurbish.The shuttle bus you need to wait most of the time more than 10 minutes.Food are just ordinary and overpriced.Will not come back again as you can get better for same category resort.

• Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gsk007
Dear gsk007,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort !

Thank you so much for your feeback and recent stay. I must apologise that your stay here did not meet your expectations as I know the staff are always trying to improve on our services to ensure the guest experience is a pleasant one.We are progressing with our preventive maintenance program which I expect will go some way to better matching with your expectations. My apologies on the issue with shuttle waiting time as I will discuss this with the team as well.

Please dont write us off just yet as we will always try to improve and be better for all our valued guests.

Sincerely.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed alone by the year-end and new year.
At the gala dinner, there was a performance at the stage, the fireworks went up at the countdown, I was very satisfied.
However, the correspondence of the staff did not have enough one more.
The hotel's safety box and desk lights were broken, so It will not come to you for repairing.
Although the inside of the site is a movement with a cart, even if called, how many do not come. Neither the front desk nor the concierge was blunt and there was not much good impression.
Because the service is not good at the end of the year at so expensive, I will never stay again.

Room Tip: overwater villa
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear RU H,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort !

Thank you for taking the time to write review and your recent stay. I sincerely would like to apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay.While it is truly regrettable that our accommodation and service did not meet your expectation, I appreciate your taking the time to highlight this matter to our attention.

On behalf of the entire team, we again would like to apologize for the frustration and hope you will grant us another opportunity of returning.

Our sincere regards and renewed apologies.

Sincerely.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at Berjaya Langkawi soon after Christmas. We stayed in a Chalet on water which was lovely with beautiful views of the ocean and mountains. The plusses of this resort are: its not too far from the airport - about a half hour's drive, the hotel has a private beach which is secluded and good for swimming and lazing around, nice pool with a shady pool bar. The hotel itself is rather dated - especially the reception area can do with a major face lift. The rooms are nice but the bathroom could do with a bit of TLC, Food was good overall - I recommend the beach restaurant which severed a nice breakfast. The Thai restaurant was a disappointment in terms of food - got very late and service was pretty slow, the food lacked authenticity. But the location on a pier is lovely at night - to watch the fish swimming from your table. This resort is a good place to chill out and take it easy .Could definitely do with a bit of upgrading though.

Room Tip: Definitely get the chalets on the water.
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Charmalee J
Dear Charmalee J

Geetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Thank you so much for recent stay and kind review. My team and I are very happy to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and look forward to be able to serve you again in future. By the way, I have noted on several constructive comments in your note and I will share this with the team here for improvement.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with anything else.