20 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$174
PricelineUS$149
Official HotelUS$158
6,058 results
All reviews rainforest chalet oriental village beach restaurant shuttle service thai restaurant dayang cafe cable car family chalet premier chalet on water flying lemurs private beach seaview chalet sea view sky bridge sky cab our honeymoon dusky leaf monkeys
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2022

The resort is a little run down, I presume that it was shut during Covid and funds for upkeep were lacking. The main areas (i.e. Lobby, Pool, Bar and Restaurants) are all beautifully presented, but the chalets need a bit of TLC to bring them up to the advertised 5-star standard - roof tiles are missing, drains are overflowing (due I think to the fact that they're not designed to take toilet paper and you can't get Western guests to use a waste bin for that purpose!). However, the interior of the chalets is lovely, the bathrooms are large and the shower is great. The setting is beautiful - they have managed to preserve most of the rainforest by nestling the chalets well in amongst the trees, so lots of wildlife - monkeys, monitor lizards, squirrels, birds, etc. The buffet breakfast, both Western and Asian, is very good and the evening meal options in their 3 restaurants are varied enough to suit any palate. The staff absolutely make the place great - special mentions to Jamal (who was so helpful with some issues with our chalet), Syafiq and Aasima in the Pool Bar (so friendly and great cocktails!) and Khadijah in the Lobby Bar (just super lovely!)
One thing I would suggest is that they put a shade over the Kid's Pool, so that it gets used! The only shaded and shallow area in the main pool is by the swim up bar, so it was usually filled with very little kids having a great time, but really spoiling it for the rest of us. Other resorts where we have stayed keep the main pool for adults and children over 10 - lots of babies in nappies in the pool was not a good look!
The resort is quite isolated from the main town, but taxis are not expensive.
Despite a few glitches, I would recommend this resort for a relaxing family holiday.

Room tip: We liked our Rainforest Chalet, not sure that the upgrade to a Seaview Chalet is worth it.
1  Thank Steph G
Roger Chew, Marketing at Berjaya Langkawi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2022

Dear Steph,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of our resort. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us. Your kind words on your experience at the resort with our staff certainly validate their effort and you can be sure that I will share with all of our staff your positive feedback.

Nevertheless, I have since addressed your comments with our respective department heads for immediate corrective action. You will be pleased to know that we have started rehabilitation exercise in stages for all areas.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for your kind review and I look forward to welcome you back again to Berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Reviewed 21 November 2022 via mobile

Good resort with facility , good experience with the activities in the hotel and the island
The hotel need to re fix/ design the room ( doors,toilets ) to better look

However , recommended highly to visit and have a good experience in the hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roger Chew, Marketing at Berjaya Langkawi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2022

Dear Saeed,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort!

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us recently at Berjaya Langkawi Resort. May we take this opportunity to express our deepest appreciation for your kind patronage. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay with us. Nevertheless, I am also pleased to inform that the resort has embarked on refurbishment exercise in stages for all areas.

Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast have a lot of variety. Seafood buffet which we had it on saturday and sunday nights are good and fresh.
Asma from Dayang cafe is very helpful and friendly, by advising what my young kid can have there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Roger Chew, Marketing at Berjaya Langkawi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2022

Dear Angela,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort!

Thank you for your recent patronage at Berjaya Langkawi Resort, and for taking the time to write a wonderful review! I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay with us. Every effort is always made to put our customers experience and satisfaction as our priority. Your review reaffirms the hard work the staffs put in every day and you can be sure we will share your kind words with Asma.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for your kind review and I look forward to welcome you back to Berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Reviewed 19 November 2022

We have had an excellent experience at Berjaya Langkawi. The gesturess my family and friends have eeceived were superb. Myvespecial thanks to Aida Casin from Dayang cafe who has given us many tips on our visit to Langkawi. We had a wonderful experience staying in Langkawi!

Dear Nathasha,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of our resort. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us. Your kind words on your experience at the resort with our staff certainly validate their effort and you can be sure that I will share with Aida your positive feedback.

Reviewed 14 November 2022 via mobile

Gracious host top notch hospitality. Special mention for guest officer Amira for her hospitality and care for us. Rooms were cleaned twice a day. Mini bar with beer, soft drinks and snacks was free and refilled everyday. Sea facing room is abetter option. Open view of sea and soothing sound of waves. Round the clock buggy is available at a call. Love the pte jacuzzi. Filled every evening with foam and rose petals. Will return

Room tip: Come with swim suits and sun block lotions. Grab is cheap, so is car rental. Room service menu is limited. So u may order Grab fd. Take buggy to collect at lobby.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roger Chew, Marketing at Berjaya Langkawi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2022

Dear Doris,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort!

I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay with us. Every effort is always made to put our customers experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work the staffs put in every day and you can be sure that I will share with Amira your positive feedback. We look forward to welcome you back again to Berjaya Langkawi Resort.