“Great concept and hospitality for family & group stay”

Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great concept and hospitality for family & group stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here twice in April and June 2014 - once for an event and recent with family. I must say, both experience were unique, pleasant and satisfactory. The hotel was recently refurbished, so I understand very well of certain limitation of the services available.

Nonetheless, for a resort type accommodation, this place is strategically located near Pantai Cenang - everything is within walking distance. It is also very near to Pantai Tengah area where many interesting happening night life. I personally like the cultural performance during their BBQ dinner buffet, mainly because it is not easy to get the chance to watch a variety of traditional dance performance in Langkawi. The pool and bar were more than enough for me to have some personal time near the water.

Room conditions were good but can be improve further, especially since you might need walk quite a bit to get to the room. Wifi connection was decent, but in certain areas are weak. The first time I stayed, I couldn't even get my laptop connected to the wifi - so I had to find an open area (at the lobby) and do my work. It would be nice, if they have a business center for guests to use.

The best thing about this hotel is their friendly staff. I have to admit that the second time I went with family, it was a long wait before we could get into our room. However, throughout both of my stays, the staffs were very helpful, including the ones who were less fluent in English and Malay. My personal tips, go straight to front desk to get English speaking assistance.

It's indeed a good place for groups and family accommodation.

Room Tip: Get a quad-sharing room instead of multiple standard room for more people - it's located nearer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Makiko_S
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Makiko_S

First and foremost thank you for staying with us at Aseania Resort & SPA . We are glad and happy that you have returned to visit us again. We have also noted all your comments and feedback pertaining our Resort and we are pleased that you are satisfied with our Resort overall.

We strive to provide utmost comfort in accommodation as well as hospitable service for all guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us and being an avid supporter of Aseania Resort & SPA . We have taken note of your loyal support and we hope to see and serve you again in the near future.

Do let me know if I my personally assist with any future reservation .

Warmest regards,
Public Relations Officer Desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was there 3 days ago. I am disappointed with the hotel room and service.
The room is very old with insects around the bathroom. The balcony was very dirty. The glass door for shower was broken. Stuff are friendly but unfortunately they can't understand English well.
The only good attractive part in this resort is their swimming pool.
Maintenance work need to be done for rooms and building.
Corridor in the building was wet after rain. The windows are too old and rain splash into the building.
The stay was unpleasant.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Monsteryy
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Monsteryy

Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback which I am delighted to receive! As you are aware, we have recently starters renovation works are planned for the various areas of the hotel, including our rooms and also working on some really exciting plans for this beautiful resort in the months to come. we want to attract and retain important guests like yourself to continue to stay with us . Thank you once again for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back at our resort in the future

Do let me know if I my personally assist with any future reservation .

Warmest regards,
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Travelled there in June 2014 with 2 young children. Booked into super deluxe quadruplex. The hotel looks ok from outside, but the room is old, and there is an unpleasant smelled in the room, it smelled of mould and the smell just would not go away. It feels like it has not been thoroughly clean or it has not been used for a long time. The most annoying part is that there were at least 10 mosquitoes in the room when we checked in!! The reason we book this hotel is because of the swimming pool for the kids, but I was quite disappointed with it as the pool, although was "huge", it was not maintained and lack of staff around to care for it. We end up only using one part of the pool as the rest of it, the water level was lower than what it supposed to be and not clean. There is supposed to be a wave pool, but there is a sign stating that it was under maintenance, but I doubted as there was no maintenance work at sight and it was low season (which was why it was under maintenance). The location was ok, have shops and restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear lilyfabuloso

Thank you for your review and we do value and appreciate your feedback on our property. We hope you can give us a second chance, next time you visit us and promise you will have a pleasant stay with us .

Please inform us in advance on your next visit . Looking forward to welcome you again.

Best regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 night here with my family. My sons really enjoyed the big swimming pool. Staff were friendly during our stay. Relatively near to airport and tourist attraction at Pantai Cenang. Cons: Picture reception quality on TV was poor. Very low mobile phone reception at my room near the end of left wing. Wifi also very slow and weak.

Stayed June 2014
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear SyahrinShahir

Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback which I am delighted to receive! We apologize for r any inconvenience caused . We will look into the areas you've mentioned and work hard to improve them.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Kind regards

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is my second time visit to this resort after 10 years. I have stayed in Super Deluxe Room with my family of 5 children for 5 days 4 nights. The room is at the ground floor east wing facing the pool.

My kids enjoyed the pool very much. However, the room looks oldish and smelly. Breakfast also does not have much options. The foods outside much better taste.

Overall : average

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Hairul Anuar S

First and foremost thank you for staying with us . We are glad and happy that you have returned to visit us again.

We have also noted all your comments and feedback we are really appreciated your review , I will be sure to share this with my team to see how we might improve upon this for the future.

Thank again of your loyal support and we hope to see and serve you again in the near future.

Wish you a wonderful week ahead.

Best regards from