“Average place ”

The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The property is good but the staff lacks warmth. I have stayed better and this place could do with better customer service, specially at the reception.
The breakfast spread is nothing to talk about. The only highlight of the place is the private beach and the salt water pool. If you are an Indian or like Indian food there is a restaurant right next to the resort, Sagar Restaurant which is quite good.
Get a local Sim and book Uber for commuting, it comes out to be very economical.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank shaileshs116
Frangipani_Langkawi, General Manager at The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Shaileshs116,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially the private beach, salt pool, Indian food nearby and location. Our new front office staff definitely needs some basic training which will be done in the next few weeks as we have just passed peak season. I will inform our new chef, Mr Fernando on your comments on breakfast. Once again, thank you for your feedback as it will help us improve our services to our guests.

Best wishes,
Mr Hakan Kulp

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 days at this beautiful resort- Nice private beach with no touts and few people. Perfect lounge chairs for viewing the sunset. Breakfast with splendid view of the Andaman Sea.

And special shout to all staff especially security guard Ram! Most friendly, helpful, and personable staff around!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Hakan_Kulp, General Manager at The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Bao Fang T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your time here at the resort, especially our breakfast. I will be sure to extend your compliments to the members of the staff and encourage them to keep up the good work. We look forward to welcoming you back to Langkawi again someday soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Frangipani is a charming resort located on the far side of Pantai Cenang. I can not speak to the value, bc I stayed here for biz. However, the existential experience was fantastic. The sun, wind soaked beach is delightful. The property is well maintained with foliage and florals. They have a heated regular and non heated sea-water swimming pools too.

The resort was super for our small group of 25 people for 3 nights/ 4 days. The staff were very friendly, smiley and helpful. It was during school holiday and it was very mellow surprisingly.

The conference room was adequate. I spent about 8 hours a day in there. There was plenty of room to do breakout activities and tasks. The only complaint was a familiar one, the internet could be stronger. The food was tasty, the breakfast buffet was particularly pleasant.

The room was clean, cold and spacious. They leave a frangipani blossom on your bed when u check in for added touch. The shower was powerful and there was porch with chairs and table for chillaxing.

The resort sits on nice stretch of beach. It was clean and peaceful. I took a walk on empty beach every morning before breakfast.

I was happy to see Grab in Langkawi and it only cost 16rm to or fro the airport. It is a 4rm Grab ride from the hotel to Cenang mall, in comparison it is 15rm for a taxi.

All my compadres enjoyed the resort as well. I would return here with family for rest and relaxation. This resort is far enough off the beaten path not to feel drowned by the Pantai Cenang tourist vibe. Although, it accessible by a 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes Grab. I'd definitely recommend it for chill travelers and families.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear abujalan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here at the resort while you were attending your company's conference. I am also glad that you enjoyed our facilities. I will extend your warm compliments to the members of the staff and encourage them to keep up the good work. We look forward to welcoming you back to Langkawi again someday soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Paid around 250usd(3 persons wz extra bed) but less worth than 100usd.
When we arrived no body care at reception.. we had to bring down and carried our bags...
Room is small and too old.. so shocked for bit old and dirty towels..
Garden might not be managed at all..just humble yard.
We may surprise how good photo of the pool vs. actual.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear KyungAh Monica K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I apologize for your less than pleasant experience here at the resort. I will address your comments with my department heads and the members of my staff and work on improving our overall services. I sincerely hope that you would offer us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights in this hotel located on the West coast of Langkawi. The location is great - about 20mn from the airport and its basically on the beach.
Good points are the location of course, the breakfast, the spa and the activities office. On the other hand, it could be much cleaner. The rooms need definitely to be renovated and the staff could be more professional. But it's Malaysian standards!
Family friendly !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear achenriot,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here at the resort, especially our breakfast and our spa. I will address your comments with my department heads and members of my staff and work on improving our overall service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Langkawi again someday soon.