All reviewsno windowroom was cleanbudget hotelair conkettlelocationwifitv
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Good location by the riverside and its late night restaurant terraces, not far from mosque, so room without window is ok if one needs a good rest. Well-appointed rooms, on the small side but everything is there. Clean, WiFi, flat screen TV, AC, linen, towel, soap & shampoo dispenser, mini table, chair. No thrills but cheap, discount for 2 nights = 52 rgt/night

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I think the overall ratings given to this place was sort of overrated. The way to our room was a little bit weird as we have to walk to the door at the end of the building, shocked to see that there is another corridor which overlooking the old shop lots, and again shockingly, seeing the far left and right sights was an abandon space with tables and chairs being dumped there. Unsure if other owners has the access to that area as my concerned was the door towards the hotel rooms were not locked at all times but, the receptionist did mentioned that there is (or are... as I am unsure if its more than 1 CCTV available!) a CCTV available tho. So our room is situated at the next "partition". It was not really sound proof so you can listen to people passing by at night. Additionally, it is quite hard to find parking nearby as this is a hot spot area.

However, it was close to important historical sites such as Padang Merdeka, Tambatan Diraja, Istana Jahar, as well as close to the restaurant that served the famous Nasi Dagang namely, Restoran Capital. In the evening, you can walk to the Dataran Rehal for its Food Truck night-outs of which, there are at least 6 trucks available for you to choose.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I booked the G Home Hotel for an over-night stop as I headed on to the Perhentian Islands and found it to be cozy, efficient and most surprisingly, quite an attractive location - over looking a huge river with lots of river seats where food can be enjoyed from a variety of restaurants. The room was a standard single with no window, but it was clean, attractive and had more than was necessary for my overnight stay. The toothbrush and paste were particularly useful because my luggage had not arrived the same time as me. But the staff were very helpful and arranged a taxi for me to go and collect my luggage in the morning, after I had enjoyed a cup of coffee from the kettle, etc that was provided. I think the hotel is within a large shopping complex, but this was not open during the time I was at the hotel, but I did enjoy a short wander around the local streets which has some interesting buildings. There was good wifi in the room and fresh drinking water on tap. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Clean but v small room with quality linen and towels. Air-con and TV, wi-fi good. No window, only room with window has queen size bed + double bed - good for family.
Restaurants on waterfront only open in the evening so it's a case of wander around for breakfast. English spoken, excellent check-in.

Room Tip: Only one room with window/river view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Room: basic, yet decent. Shower is OK, not spotless (got lots of ants in the room). Rooms aren't cleaned during stay.

Service: poor. As the only person who spook English was having lunch, we had to wait to 20 minutes to check-in. When ordering a taxi through reception they were negotiating a higher fare for the taxi driver instead of helping us as their paying customer (i.e. arguing with both reception and taxi driver to get down a quote double the regular fare).

Location: decent. Yet lots of noise from large flocks of birds & bats around. Also lots of noise in hotel itself.

Summary: give this one a miss.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple