See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2016

We had only been in the hotel for less than a minute and the staff started lying to us, the first of many. The room smelt of smoke with an overpowering stretch of damp and fowl plumbing, it is the first time we have had to go out to buy air freshener for a room. The room was not equipped as described on Expedia, when I asked for the equipment they told me my favorite lie, that Expedia had written the room spec. After showing them how ridiculous their suggestion was they told me they would ring the manager, another lie. After some time I had not heard back from them so I went back to reception told them I would stay there until the manager came to speak to me, the issue was partly resolved. However the room was still a depressing prison like room with no natural light or fresh air. Inferior room but in no way a superior room.
Breakfast is difficult to fully describe, the food was inedable and the tea / coffee undrinkable.
All in all staying here was a very unpleasant experiance avoid if you don't want the same, it truly is a Nasty hotel.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RonA_Plymouth
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

The room was okay as expected for budget hotel. The thing is there lots of dog at the parking.... the room for 2 was okay. At kota baharu hotel and registration office at different place. But its not that far. 5 minutes from registration office. As room for 3 people and above theres a pool there at the apartment.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015

i stayed a night in the hotel for business trip.
Bad things:
1) The receptionist told me that NO FORMAL RECEIPT would be given if the guest books the hotel through agoda or expedia. ( I booked it through expedia). The formal receipt will have to be requested from agoda or expedia. I tried to reason with her that other hotels in Kota Bharu such as al Inshirah Inn and Crystal Lodge can provide me with formal receipt even though i booked it with agoda. She said that this is the hotel policy. I only received a tax invoice with no hotel letterhead which will have caused me problem when claiming the accommodation fee.

2) I am a non smoker but i get a SMOKING ROOM. I was greeted with cigarette smell upon entering the room.

3) OLD FURNITURE. You will feel nostalgic as the furniture will remind you of some of your old uncle or aunty house built in 1970 to 1980.

4)NOISY. As the bathroom windows are facing with each other, i could actually hear the conversation and tv by another uncle stayed in neighbouring room.

5) NO HOT WATER SUPPLY in shower.

6)INADEQUATE SOCKET for electrical appliances

7)POOR MAINTENANCE. The latch behind the door was unable to function and i worried if there would be someone entering my room at night. The bathroom door was unable to closed,you will have to slam it very hard to close it tightly.

Good things:
1) The receptionist is friendly.
2) Ample parking space.
3) Room is old but cleanliness is acceptable.
4) wifi is able to reach each room but speed is slow.
5) Air cond is functioning well but a little bit noisy because the compressor noise from outdoor unit can be heard.
6) Strategic location as it is situated closed to old town.

Recommendation:
1) Business traveler who wishes to book with agoda or expedia - NOT RECOMMENDED
2) Other traveler - unless no other hotels - NOT RECOMMENDED

I am giving a very terrible remarks about this hotel because i feel that the management is not taking the complaints seriously. You should always try to improve yourself and have more friendly policy for the customers.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank nescafe99
Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Very expensive for what it is ! Pillows and sheets were dirty, aircon noisy and breakfast really bad. We stayed there for one night and it was enough. Rip off. The hotel is located in the centre of Kota Bharu but If you can avoid going to this city then do it ... I'm used to go to backpackers places and this is a backpacker hotel pretending to be a hotel !

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent75012
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Realise this is a budget hotel therefore did not have high expectations however would expect the hotel to be clean. Room dated and dirty, had booked in for a week but left after one night!! Had a room on the front and was kept awake all night by traffic, not the hotels fault I know. Such a shame as staff very pleasant and great location good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back if you really want to stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple