Hotel Perdana
    • Breakfast included
    Jewels Hotel(Kota Bharu)
    US$27
    • Restaurant
    Crown Garden Hotel(Kota Bharu)
    US$41
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    Crystal Lodge(Kota Bharu)
    G Home(Kota Bharu)
    Good 3.5/5
      Flora Place Hotel(Kota Bharu)
      Average 3/5
        Hanis Villa Hotel(Kota Bharu)
        Good 3.5/5
          All reviewscoffee houseexecutive roombreakfast spreadfootball stadiumold wingswimming poolnewly refurbished hotelother citiesclassic roomnasi kerabunice poolbusiness tripspacious lobbyample parking spacelocal foodstar hotelhousekeeping staff
          FilterAll languages
          Reviewed 7 March 2017

They have the most comfortable room in Kota Bharu,

I was assisted by Mrs. Zuriati during check in. She's very nice, friendly and process my check in really fast.

However, my colleague were processed by different people at the check in counter poorly (i dont get her name). Hope she will learn more to be like Mrs. Zuriati. :)

Food was nice.

Room was nice and clean.

They organized Street Food festival by the swimming pool. It was nice but i prefer if they serve local kelantanese food instead.

Concierge was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for room at the new wing
          • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
          HPKB_2013, Director of Sales at Hotel Perdana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear SyahiraSharif,
          Thank you for staying with us and your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu. We hope to see you again soon and experience the warmth of our Perdana Hospitality.
          The Management Team of Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have heard of Hotel Perdana for ages...easily three decades. Therefore I had expected a run down place, what more with Kota Bharu being laid back as compared to other cities in Malaysia.

I was surprised when I got there. The doorman was helpful, the reception staff courteous and the room was nice. The only thing was that despite having a curtain, water would puddle at the base of the bathtub because water from the shower would somehow run along the rim of the bathtub and drip down.

The hotel is within walking distance to lots of things like the KB Mall, the Kelantan Museum

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr John S,
          The Management Team of Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Overall this is a good hotel but it had a dark and light side, the dark side being the older unrefurbished part and the light, the bright newly refurbished part. We chose the standard option for a deluxe room, after all it's supposed to be 5*****. My wife asked the lady at reception if there was a free upgrade (don't ask, don't get), however, the only way to upgrade was to pay. My main requirement for a room is a bath tub and our room came with that, so no need to upgrade; we thought!

The room itself was OK, albeit very dated. The first night I had an, almost, hot bath. The second night I was' so lucky. It seemed they had a problem with the hot water and after 2 visits from maintenance and several calls to reception, I was informed of this. The next morning I approached reception to tell of my disappointment. It wasn't until the morning after the 3rd night that someone had the sense to put us in the part of the hotel (the refurbished part), that had plenty of hot water. Of course, we did not know about the newly refurbished part at that point! So, the take away from this, is, make sure you stay in the newly refurbished part.

The newer part is like a totally different hotel and I honestly cannot fathom why they's want to put anyone in the old part, unless they were busting at the seams. Had that not have happened, this wold have been a very bad review.

All in all, it was a good hotel and I can only hope the management read this review and teach their frontline staff some room selling skills! When we stayed in Prague, the guy at reception asked us if we'd like to upgrade and invited us to see both rooms; we chose the upgrade, as we would have done at the Perdana!!!

This is a good hotel but not being presented well by its staff. Would I go there again? definitely, albeit a little wiser this time.

The location is good, as it is a short walk to KB Mall and only RM12 to the big wet/dry market. There is a very rich Thai influence in Kota Bahru, I believe it used to be part to Thailand, prior to WWII? So it is well worth doing some exploring in the surrounding countryside.

There is a ground level pool, just beside the breakfast room, although it was quite crowded when we were there. SO I'd recommend an early start if you want a swim; remember your trunks though!

Room Tip: Check out the refurbishment progress, choose the new, it costs a little extra but it is worth it.
          • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
          2  Thank ThomBush

Dear Mr ThomBush
          Thank you for staying with us and your feedbacks.

Your time and effort taken to highlight the issues are highly appreciated.
          We value every guest feedbacks as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guest’s expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu and allow us to pamper you with our Perdana hospitality.
          Regards
          Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu Team.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

The hotel got nice, with spacious room, swimming pool, gym and restaurant with buffet breakfast included, even old a bit, it is still comfortable and it is a great place to stay

Got free parking and easy to park

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
          Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The location is good, and ample parking space. Hospitable staff greeted me the minute I arrived. Rooms are big and comfy. We had a very comfortable stay, and will definitely return when we visit KB again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends