“The Best Service With A Big Smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Perdana

Hotel Perdana
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Shah Alam Selangor
“The Best Service With A Big Smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stay on 9th March 2017 , I use to stay another international chain 5 star hotel in Kota bharu , But this trip I give a try for Hotel Perdana , To my surprise all the staff from bell service , receptionist , and even the housekeeping staff all serve with a Big Smile . And I can say along the way I have stay many hotel in Malaysia , This hotel staff is the BEST .
Their room is modern design and very comfortable bed , Shower is nice and good pressure .

For sure , My next visit to Kota Bharu , I will be back to this hotel , Keep it up your good service with A big Smile .

• Stayed March 2017, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Trip was made mainly for an exam. Even though a little pricey its worth the money. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Quite and peaceful. Shoplots and food stalls at walking distance. Something called the "night street" just below the hotel; variety of food is awesome.

All in all recommended.

Stayed March 2017, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2017

They have the most comfortable room in Kota Bharu,

I was assisted by Mrs. Zuriati during check in. She's very nice, friendly and process my check in really fast.

However, my colleague were processed by different people at the check in counter poorly (i dont get her name). Hope she will learn more to be like Mrs. Zuriati. :)

Food was nice.

Room was nice and clean.

They organized Street Food festival by the swimming pool. It was nice but i prefer if they serve local kelantanese food instead.

Concierge was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for room at the new wing
  • Stayed March 2017, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have heard of Hotel Perdana for ages...easily three decades. Therefore I had expected a run down place, what more with Kota Bharu being laid back as compared to other cities in Malaysia.

I was surprised when I got there. The doorman was helpful, the reception staff courteous and the room was nice. The only thing was that despite having a curtain, water would puddle at the base of the bathtub because water from the shower would somehow run along the rim of the bathtub and drip down.

The hotel is within walking distance to lots of things like the KB Mall, the Kelantan Museum

• Stayed January 2017, travelled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2017

Overall this is a good hotel but it had a dark and light side, the dark side being the older unrefurbished part and the light, the bright newly refurbished part. We chose the standard option for a deluxe room, after all it's supposed to be 5*****. My wife asked the lady at reception if there was a free upgrade (don't ask, don't get), however, the only way to upgrade was to pay. My main requirement for a room is a bath tub and our room came with that, so no need to upgrade; we thought!

The room itself was OK, albeit very dated. The first night I had an, almost, hot bath. The second night I was' so lucky. It seemed they had a problem with the hot water and after 2 visits from maintenance and several calls to reception, I was informed of this. The next morning I approached reception to tell of my disappointment. It wasn't until the morning after the 3rd night that someone had the sense to put us in the part of the hotel (the refurbished part), that had plenty of hot water. Of course, we did not know about the newly refurbished part at that point! So, the take away from this, is, make sure you stay in the newly refurbished part.

The newer part is like a totally different hotel and I honestly cannot fathom why they's want to put anyone in the old part, unless they were busting at the seams. Had that not have happened, this wold have been a very bad review.

All in all, it was a good hotel and I can only hope the management read this review and teach their frontline staff some room selling skills! When we stayed in Prague, the guy at reception asked us if we'd like to upgrade and invited us to see both rooms; we chose the upgrade, as we would have done at the Perdana!!!

This is a good hotel but not being presented well by its staff. Would I go there again? definitely, albeit a little wiser this time.

The location is good, as it is a short walk to KB Mall and only RM12 to the big wet/dry market. There is a very rich Thai influence in Kota Bahru, I believe it used to be part to Thailand, prior to WWII? So it is well worth doing some exploring in the surrounding countryside.

There is a ground level pool, just beside the breakfast room, although it was quite crowded when we were there. SO I'd recommend an early start if you want a swim; remember your trunks though!

Room Tip: Check out the refurbishment progress, choose the new, it costs a little extra but it is worth it.
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled as a couple