Hotel Perdana
US$46
US$24
US$54
US$39
The Room @ Zishi(Kota Bharu)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$30
My place Guest House(Kota Bharu)(Great Value!)
US$10
  • Breakfast included
Lee Guesthouse(Kota Bharu)(Great Value!)
US$22
Hostelworld.com
US$73
  • Breakfast included
G Home(Kota Bharu)
All reviewsexecutive roomcoffee housefootball stadiumold wingbreakfast spreadswimming poolnewly refurbished hotelother citiesclassic roomnice poolnasi kerabubusiness tripstar hotelample parking spacelocal foodfree upgradehousekeeping staff
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stay on 9th March 2017 , I use to stay another international chain 5 star hotel in Kota bharu , But this trip I give a try for Hotel Perdana , To my surprise all the staff from bell service , receptionist , and even the housekeeping staff all serve with a Big Smile . And I can say along the way I have stay many hotel in Malaysia , This hotel staff is the BEST .
Their room is modern design and very comfortable bed , Shower is nice and good pressure .

For sure , My next visit to Kota Bharu , I will be back to this hotel , Keep it up your good service with A big Smile .

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
HPKB_2013, Director of Sales at Hotel Perdana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thank you for staying with us and your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu. We hope to see you again soon and experience the warmth of our Perdana Hospitality.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Trip was made mainly for an exam. Even though a little pricey its worth the money. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Quite and peaceful. Shoplots and food stalls at walking distance. Something called the "night street" just below the hotel; variety of food is awesome.

All in all recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
HPKB_2013, Director of Sales at Hotel Perdana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Mr/Ms Sabeetha S,
Thank you for staying with us and your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and love our food. Hope to see you again soon.
The Management

Reviewed 7 March 2017

They have the most comfortable room in Kota Bharu,

I was assisted by Mrs. Zuriati during check in. She's very nice, friendly and process my check in really fast.

However, my colleague were processed by different people at the check in counter poorly (i dont get her name). Hope she will learn more to be like Mrs. Zuriati. :)

Food was nice.

Room was nice and clean.

They organized Street Food festival by the swimming pool. It was nice but i prefer if they serve local kelantanese food instead.

Concierge was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for room at the new wing
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
HPKB_2013, Director of Sales at Hotel Perdana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear SyahiraSharif,

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have heard of Hotel Perdana for ages...easily three decades. Therefore I had expected a run down place, what more with Kota Bharu being laid back as compared to other cities in Malaysia.

I was surprised when I got there. The doorman was helpful, the reception staff courteous and the room was nice. The only thing was that despite having a curtain, water would puddle at the base of the bathtub because water from the shower would somehow run along the rim of the bathtub and drip down.

The hotel is within walking distance to lots of things like the KB Mall, the Kelantan Museum

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr John S,

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Overall this is a good hotel but it had a dark and light side, the dark side being the older unrefurbished part and the light, the bright newly refurbished part. We chose the standard option for a deluxe room, after all it's supposed to be 5*****. My wife asked the lady at reception if there was a free upgrade (don't ask, don't get), however, the only way to upgrade was to pay. My main requirement for a room is a bath tub and our room came with that, so no need to upgrade; we thought!

The room itself was OK, albeit very dated. The first night I had an, almost, hot bath. The second night I was' so lucky. It seemed they had a problem with the hot water and after 2 visits from maintenance and several calls to reception, I was informed of this. The next morning I approached reception to tell of my disappointment. It wasn't until the morning after the 3rd night that someone had the sense to put us in the part of the hotel (the refurbished part), that had plenty of hot water. Of course, we did not know about the newly refurbished part at that point! So, the take away from this, is, make sure you stay in the newly refurbished part.

The newer part is like a totally different hotel and I honestly cannot fathom why they's want to put anyone in the old part, unless they were busting at the seams. Had that not have happened, this wold have been a very bad review.

All in all, it was a good hotel and I can only hope the management read this review and teach their frontline staff some room selling skills! When we stayed in Prague, the guy at reception asked us if we'd like to upgrade and invited us to see both rooms; we chose the upgrade, as we would have done at the Perdana!!!

This is a good hotel but not being presented well by its staff. Would I go there again? definitely, albeit a little wiser this time.

The location is good, as it is a short walk to KB Mall and only RM12 to the big wet/dry market. There is a very rich Thai influence in Kota Bahru, I believe it used to be part to Thailand, prior to WWII? So it is well worth doing some exploring in the surrounding countryside.

There is a ground level pool, just beside the breakfast room, although it was quite crowded when we were there. SO I'd recommend an early start if you want a swim; remember your trunks though!

Room Tip: Check out the refurbishment progress, choose the new, it costs a little extra but it is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThomBush

Dear Mr ThomBush
Thank you for staying with us and your feedbacks.

Your time and effort taken to highlight the issues are highly appreciated.
We value every guest feedbacks as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guest’s expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu and allow us to pamper you with our Perdana hospitality.
Regards
Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu Team.