All reviewsinfinity poolfacing the seaprivacycurtainstoiletriescafe
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Stayed here with colleagues for a week whilst working in the region.
Tranquil and relaxing after a day at work.
Friendly, helpful courteous staff.
The owner constantly went out of her way to make sure our stay was all it could be and went to considerable lengths to make sure that the two vegetarians in out group were well catered for with plenty of choice.
If my work should bring me to the region again I will be delighted to return.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex E
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Like many before us we needed somewhere to stay before catching a flight returning from the Perhentians. This place ticked the boxes and the price found on booking.com was good. The room was large and clean and the buffet dinner was tasty. However, after 10 days on the Perhentians, everything else was a disappointment.

There were very few guests and the whole place had a very strange feel to it. E.g. buildings not maintained, too many staff sitting around socialising, I was woken several times by a walkie-talkie being used outside my bedroom etc. Also, Karaoke was enjoyed until 4am.

The beach was littered with rubbish and used by the locals to test their motorbike driving skills. There were several signs warning of rip tides.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
11  Thank lvetravelling
Reviewed 27 August 2015

If you are interested in booking this resort you need to be prepared for a few things :) First of all its cut off from everything, no shops around or night clubs. Your survival will depend on by taking a taxi to Kuala besut or Kota bharu or by staying at the hotel. This place is meant to be just for self reflection or time alone or simply doing nothing but relax. There are no services like massages or gym, there is just a long nice beach, lot of ducks and an amazing infinity pool. We had a lovely sea bungalow which we shared with 2 other friends. It was also convenient to travel to Perhentian island from here because they provide day packages of 150rm per person. We only spent 2 nights here which I think its an ideal length of stay for this type of resort. The staff were very friendly :) ! we loved the fresh juices everyday. A small disappointment was that the wifi never worked in the room and there are no phones to call reception or other rooms which i found abit strange. We didnt experience bed bugs or insects in the room like other reviews. I guess we were lucky :)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank francescamalta
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We happened upon the sign for Villa Danialla at the jetty area. We were headed to a long weekend at Perenthian island and wanted to beat the Hari Raya traffic so we came in one day early and went looking for a room to sleep one night. We saw the sign for Villa Danialla, I looked it up on Waze and saw it was only a 10 min drive along the coast. We arrived just before sunset and decided to try the dinner buffet and size up the place. We were greeted by the owner, Dato Siti, who was so gracious and welcoming to us - and we had not booked a room yet! We ate dinner by the sea by candlelight with some amazing local cuisine. Once we finished dinner we booked a room and got a great deal on two rooms. Big rooms, comfortable bed, cold air conditioner, big bathroom with a western toilet and big tub with a rainforest shower. Everything was clean and all staff was friendly and helpful. The dinner buffet was amazing and the food was cooked as natural and organic. Fruit baskets in the kitchen showed the juices were actually FRESH! After dinner we hit the beach. Noone else was on the beach, just us going for a stroll, so private and beautiful. We watched the full sunset then watched the sand dollars head back to sea. Such beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Nora M
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Having booked a trip to the Perhentian Islands I booked this place after reading some bad reviews on here about rat infestation at the hotel resort on the island resort we had paid for. I wish i'd taken my chances with the rodents.

First the good, the attitude of the staff ('chef' aside - see below) was exemplary. Always smiling and always willing to help out as best they could they are a credit to both themselves and the hotel management. Great Pool although lack of sunbeds / shade is a problem.

Now the indifferent. The hotel is very tired. Paper thin walls and noise from other guests is a constant problem. It also looks to be struggling to exist I wouldn't be surprised if it folds anytime soon. There's a lot of effort and goodwill being shown but the result is not particularly good.

Now the bad. 1) The food is terrible. Simply awful. This is compounded by the attitude of the chef who simply refused to supply me with an order of french fries on our final day. I can only assume that he considered the simple task of throwing some frozen chipped potatos into hot oil to be beneath him, but the reason we only wanted fries was a because the other fare on offer was appalling. 2) You are stuck in the middle of nowhere so if u have no transport to go to a shop or restaurant then u are stuck with the choice of a) going hungry or b) trying to eat the very low quality fare on offer, we chose a)! The rooms may well be cheap but everything else is very expensive 6GBP for a can of Heineken anybody? 3) There are cats lying everywhere on all the furniture and accommodation. I am actually a cat lover but it worried me to see how they were allowed to sprawl across seats guests have to sit on and in the key-drop basket that guests have to pick their keys up from. My worry was that I would have an allergic reaction but it would appear that it’s worse than that and I have picked up a ‘visitor’ from one of the flea bitten moggies which has covered me in bites!

All in all a very disappointing stay which is such a shame as we loved the attitude of the staff and management, chef aside. Avoid if possible.

Room Tip: best rooms are the elevated ones facing beach but he walls (simple wood panelling) offer very little sound insulation. Take your ear plugs!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple