See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have stayed in some sketchy places after backpacking trough India and the rest of Asia extensively, and this place was one of the worst places I have ever been. Rooms disgusting, sheets clearly had not been cleaned in god knows how long, carpet felt moldy and worn, bathroon not very nice, no sheets just a ratty old quilt thing, walls paper thin and could hear every single thing from our neighboring rooms and was hardly able to sleep at all because of some lady coughing through the whole night. I would pay not to stay here, awful! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but who cares when all you want is a clean place to put your head at night?

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dillsy
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My friends and I stayed in this hotel for a few nights before heading to the Perhentian islands. We were staying in the suite which was basic but clean. We were provided with towels and toilet paper and water upon request with no extra charge. We couldn't check in early but the staff looked after our luggage.

We decided to visit some Buddhist temples and asked the staff if we could hire a taxi, they couldn't be more accommodating and we had a taxi all day that took us to some lovely Buddhist temples which are well worth a visit.

A few doors down from the hotel is a lovely pizza restaurant which is run by a Swiss man and the pizzas are freshly baked in a pizza clay oven. They also do chicken, beef and vegetarian dishes as well as pasta. a bit more pricy than usual Malaysian prices but well worth it!

The staff at this hotel were v friendly, polite and helpful and refused to take a tip from us at the end of our stay but instead wished us a lovely holiday in the Perhentians.

If you are looking for somewhere basic but clean which always had hot running water , for a few nights then I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Go for a suite room, for space and a little lounge area with a t.v
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Avoid this hotel by all mean !!!

By far the worst hotel we have made in Malaysia.

The staff is friendly, and according to the number of positive comments, its seems they do have a lot of friends or relatives...

But before booking you have to know that all rooms are without window, without bedsheets, without towels... just a kettle, some water and flees in the poor quality matress are provided.

As regular backpackers, who are used to go to cheap places, we are not so demanding... but cleanliness is a minimum !!!!

We planned to stay 2 nights, but had to leave after 1... as we were enable to sleep !!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mr_tofu
MyPlaceHotel_KB, Owner at MyPlace Hotel Kota Bharu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank you very much for your feedback and appreciated very much other reviewers who are all our guests and become our friends after their memorable stay with us. We treat every single guest to our humble budget hotel and small town in Kota Bharu as a special guest and try our best to help them out whatever we can.
Pleased to note that our family and suite rooms are with balcony and windows and we provide bed sheet, blanket and towels in every room. We will definitely investigate as to why, if any of the above were not provided as advertised. We admitted that some of the mattresses are due for replacement and we will be replacing it soon.
Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

My room was clean and functional. Getting water bottles, hot water kettle and coffee/tea allowed me to make breakfast by myself in the room, which is nice.
The hotel is close enough to the city center without being right in the middle of it. The staff speaks good english and is very friendly and helpful. They can help you plan your sightseeing or the next steps on your trip - or just have a friendly chat. I was travelling by myself and these were my first nights in Malaysia, it was very nice to be greeted this way!

Room Tip: Family rooms have windows, the other don't.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank marco75018
Reviewed 15 May 2013

me and my friends were overjoyed when stepped inside the suite we paid for ONLY rm148 per night, there's a living room with 2 sofas, equipped with a large refrigerator, lcd tv, AND a sink outside of the toilet which makes it convenient for making tea and stuff, AND they even have a bath tub! there's a door separating the living room from the bedroom and they have aircons for both, which is super duper awesome after walking around the town with such hot weather, the bedroom was really clean, spacious and comfortable, the manager and the staffs are really nice, friendly and helpful! their service was great, AND not a single cent of service tax was charged! not to mention that the location is strategic, there's a lot of restaurants just around the corner, and its only a 5 mins walk to the nearby china town, where i had the best 牛腩面 i've ever tasted so far, and 10-15 mins walk to the famous pasar besar siti khadijah, which is a must-go! i can only say we got more than what we paid for, and its definitely worth it :D

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends