Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
Booking.comUS$65
PricelineUS$68
eDreamsUS$65
TravelocityUS$69
All reviews hotel restaurant buffet breakfast decent hotel front office one night stay renaissance penang
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

I would like to book for one night stay. Check in 9th March 2021, check out 10th March 2021. I was informed thst the rate is RM158.00 without breakfast. I hope I will find the offer as soon as possible

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

Being a regular guest to this hotel with bi-monthly record stay on personal course, I never feel there’s element of appreciation/recognition this hotel ever extended for a loyalist like myself. With just a decent hotel quality and biggest room of improvement on customer service level I was made to understand that my reservation was expired a day earlier (still charged for no show) upon checking-in & admittedly to continue staying on the 2nd night given the bill had been fully paid. However, what really traumatized me was that nobody from the hotel called and reminded me just like how other hotel booking websites do to most of us either via auto-email or SMS. When asking this from front office agent this person kept saying “memang kita tak ada bagitahu (we never provide such info or reminder) as if we as a customer has to be god to know this in past life and be liable when this kind of issue arises. And it really got into my nerve when this unpleasant front office again started to raise voice defensively to reaffirm the fact that it was not hotel’s fault but the customer. It mimicked exactly just like a properly attired but with zero tolerance and courtesy of loan-shark officer threatening you with no available choices.

In short, let’s go back to traditional way of booking this hotel via Agoda, hotels.com or booking.com whenever you feel your stay is well taken care of & be ready to accept discounted customer service quality.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2020

Just a single night whilst touring from Penang to KL the long way around as it were. Only used the restaurant for breakfast, no issues. Rooms good sized and clean, staff pleasant and ample parking outside for our bikes.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank millhouze
Reviewed 11 November 2019

This is the first time I went to KB for pleasure, not work. Everyone recommended to stay here. It was easy to see why, it is good; clean and comfortable.
A well-managed old hotel with extension to shopping mall which is a plus.

The price range was a bit on the high side but the rooms make up for it in space and overall efficiency/cleanliness - I mean, I can't remember when was the last time I'm in a hotel where the nightstand button is working.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank amir_mazlan
Melissa_Zainuddin, Director of Sales at The Grand Renai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2019

Dear amir_mazlan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience at our Hotel.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay and we had met your expectations. We are appreciative of your positive comments.

Thanks again for your support. We look forward to welcome you back the next time your are in Kota Bharu.

Yours sincerely,
Melissa Zainuddin

Reviewed 10 October 2019

Booked a one night stay here. Quite an old hotel. Used to be Rennaisance Kota Bharu. Some part of the hotel under renovation. The room is spacious. The mattress not really comfortable. Switch for light in the room spoil. Cannot switch off the main light. Breakfast is OK, not much choice. Location wise is good.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CikLiH
Melissa_Zainuddin, Director of Sales at The Grand Renai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Dear CikLiH,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at our Hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the setbacks. Kindly be assured that we are working on our shortcomings.

We hope to welcome you back to an improved stay the next time.

Yours sincerely,