KB Backpackers Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$47
US$46
Flora Place Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$32
Jewels Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$35
US$31
  • Restaurant
Crown Garden Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$43
US$33
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Got this tip from a friend. Just needed to stay couple off nights cheap and easy. With my big trolley bag the stairs were so long but when I got up I was greeted wiht just the right amount of friendliness and effectivenes for my mood.

Information from Pawee was overfloaving on anything I needed. Also his wife gave me some tips for sushi in the evening witch I was craving for.

Bed isnt the most comfortable but at that price I am happy with what I got.

Nicely located, friendly and easy place to stay gor a budjet pitstop

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Do not stay here. We arrived late at night and were greeted by the lovely owner, who is so knowledgeable and helpful he helped us plan most of our trip round Malaysia. However, the rooms are basic and noisy. Electrics are stuck to the walls with tape and there were bugs in the bathroom. The bathrooms are the worst we have seen in Malaysia.

We didn't enjoy our stay in this town, the museums were small and disappointing and needed updating. We were constantly stared at, filmed, honked at and shouted at out of car windows. We were covered up and expect some level of interest from the community but this was uncomfortable and constant. The only thing we enjoyed was the food market, we decided to leave a day early and headed to Perhentian islands.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I slept here for 1 night. The owner is very friendly and would do almost anything for you to make you happy and have a good stay. The bedrooms were very clean and I think it was the first time we didn't hang up the mosquitonet. The owner is also a good source of information!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2015

This place is in an excellent location, within 100m of the bus station and walking distance to attractions and restaurants. The rooftop area has quite a nice view at night. Staff speak english and are helpful and knowledgeable about the area and transport to the Perhentians. I rented the single room for 30 ringit, just a basic room with only a window to the hallway and a fan. It was old but pretty clean. They have beer too, which is hard to come by in this part of the world.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2015

KB Backpackers is located just a stone's throw away from the local bus station and Transnasional departure point. It's a well-equipped, clean hostel that is great for a 4-5 day stay in Kota Bharu. It's gym probably has seen better days, but it's still a novelty. Thanks to Pawi and his flexibility on allowing us to stay half-day, and to the lady-in-charge for making our stay great.

Room Tip: Most of the private rooms don't have windows. Dormtories overlook the street, meaning it's both noisy and windy at the same time.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends