“Friendly Staff & Good location. ”

Dorsett Grand Labuan
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Labuan Island
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I have Been staying here for my visit to Labuan for many years. Friendly and helpful staff. The Location is great. Love the ginger bread house that was set for Xmas. Bought a slot on the brick coz the funds will be used for charity. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Dorsett Grand L, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Dear Kenneth T670,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting Dorsett Grand Labuan for your accommodation needs during your visit to Labuan.

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are happy that you have a pleasant stay. Appreciate for your support on our charity event by buying the Ginger Bread House's block. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcome you back to Dorsett Grand Labuan.

There are newer reviews for Dorsett Grand Labuan

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I have traveled to Labuan for business for the last two years staying anywhere from a few days to two months and have stayed at the Dorsett and my experience there has been excellent!

It started as I entered the hotel and was greeted by the personnel at the front door and the staff working at the front desk. Morning, noon or night, it made no difference, I was always greeted with a smile and a welcome back greeting.

Here are my experiences:

Breakfast: The complimentary breakfast provides a great selection of juices and fruits and so much more. Personal favorite was the eggs made to order and I highly recommend the cheese omelet.

Lunch: A full lunch buffet provides a large number of choices and is great for either a business lunch or a casual bite to eat. The large variety serves to satisfy a number of different appetites. Since it is served buffet style, all the food was ready to go and made for a quick bite to eat during the day.

Center bar: I loved the center bar to grab a beverage or casual meal in the evening. It has a very relaxed environment and a menu with lots of food choices. The bonus was the bar had two different happy hours which makes the beverages very affordable.

Rooms: I found the king size bed to be very comfortable and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job caring for the room and I. The housekeeping staff were professional and always cleaned my room very timely. The internet connection was excellent and it made it easy for me to work from the hotel when my job demands required it.

Executive rooms: I found the executive rooms to be of great value on my longer stays and it allows one to have access to the lounge. Inside the lounge, they provided cold beverages and light food selections. It was an excellent way to wind down after working all day with a cold drink and grab a snack.

Overall: My experience at the Dorsett was amazing and I found all the staff to be very professional and pleasant to be around. They saw to my needs for the last two years and I grateful for the hospitality they extended towards me. I found all the staff to be pleasant to be around and I think it originates with the tone at the top from the General Manager, Susan Carlos. I can’t thank you enough for you and your staff’s hospitality and assistance while I stayed there.

If your work or holiday takes you to Labuan, I would highly suggest the Dorsett both for the kind staff as well as the excellent value received at the hotel.

Best wishes for a great 2017!

Room Tip: If possible, a view of the water is very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear KurtBush,

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are truly pleased that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our friendly staff. Feedback like this is great motivation for our staff to constantly give their best. We are glad that you have enjoyed our foods selections, services & facilities reached your expectations.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

3rd time o Labuan after accommodating at Billion and Tiara and wanted to give Dorsett a try. All i can say is "regrets" for a 5 start hotel standard
dust
Not denying excellent check in and check out service with big rooms. Breakfast nothing much to shout about for a 5 star hotel reputation. One look from outside very classy. Internally it is an old design, with very old dusty carpet. Stayed there for two nights and three days and never saw even once the carpet being vacumed. That answers why the dust. Was sneezing all throughout in the room. Not worth for the price

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Dorsett Grand L, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear Dharroshan,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting Dorsett Gran Labuan for your accommodation needs during your recent visit to Labuan.

It is with great concern that I read your comments about the services you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that this situation is being addressed and reviewed with the department concerned, to further reinforce the standard of our service.

We take great pride in being able to provide the best service possible and constantly strive for perfection. It appears that in your case, we have failed to live up to our own standards of services.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you and we thank you for your feedback. It is only by receiving feedbacks from our guests that we are able to overcome any deficiencies. Though nothing can be done to change your past experience, I hope you will allow us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back to the Dorsett Grand Labuan.

Susan Carlos

Reviewed 6 December 2016

We were thinking of a place to stay for a nite, and at the last minute we decided to stay at the Dorsett Grand Labuan. With their weekend getaway price and also their anniversary that time, everything is well worthed. The staffs are very friendly, and the room is very spacious enough for both hubby and me.With the choices of breakfast, everything looks scrumptious and delicious. After checking out, we had our lunch there, and may i say ur Nasi Ayam Hainan is out of the world, esp the chili (never had such like that before). We even have a future plan bringing along my ma staying there, JUST BECAUSE of the GREAT SERVICE,GREAT ROOM, CALMING SURROUNDING and FRIENDLY,HELPFUL STAFFS.

Room Tip: Get a room with South China Sea view and a corner room which are spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MimZiq
DorsettGrandLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Dear MimZiq,

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are truly pleased that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our friendly staff. Feedback like this is great motivation for our staff to constantly give their best. We are glad that you have enjoyed our foods selections, service and ambiance.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

A good time to remember our fallen heroes in November and what better host than Dorsett Grand Labuan to delight us with awesome meals, very comfortable stay, activities in and around the hotel, local delights and hands on information on the history of Labuan. Very helpful staff were on hand to fullfill all our requirements and with all intentions met we came away pleased and happy with a promise to be back. Thank you Dorsett Grand Labuan!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
DorsettGrandLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Marie C,

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are truly happy that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our friendly staff. Feedback like this is great motivation for our staff to constantly give their best. We are glad that you have enjoyed our foods selections and your days on the island.