“Good Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Labuan Island
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 2 nights , and just came back from Labuan today. It's just a weekend getaway, my first time to Labuan . Really good point here for me is the location and the service . Location is really near to the mall, food court, taxis stop, duty free shop and few of point of interest in Labuan , such as Marine Museum , all within walking distance. Never had a problem with the staff throughout the stay, all of them are polite and helpful. From check in, room service , restaurant and check out. Although hotel is a bit old, but but satisfied with the cleanliness, the rooms spacious design, spacious washroom . On the low side, lounge is a bit dull, for a five star hotel, could have done better . The bed and the pillow doesn't match a 5 star hotel quality. Too soft I would say . Can't really sleep well for 2 nights. Breakfast, was okay, wide range of selections . Overall , 4 star hotel to me.

• Stayed January 2017, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DorsettGrandLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear BartGerro,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting Dorsett Grand Labuan for your accommodation needs during your visit to Labuan.

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your review and we are truly happy that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our friendly staff. We took note of your feedbacks and glad that you have find our spacious room and facilities to your liking. It is only by receiving feedbacks from our guest that we are able to overcome our shortfall. I can assure you that this situation is being addressed and reviewed, to further reinforce the standard of our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcome you back to Dorsett Grand Labuan.

SUSAN CARLOS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Spacious room, friendly, lovely front desk and concierge officers make me feel homey during my business trip. To make this trip special,you can rent the bicycle from the hotel to cycle around the town & I did it :))) My number one choice and only choice to stay for my trip to Labuan. #Mary #Irvilla #Fuad

Stayed December 2016, travelled on business
DorsettGrandLabuan, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Lim Y,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting Dorsett Grand Labuan for your accommodation needs during your recent visit to Labuan.

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are truly pleased that you had a pleasant stay and with the services rendered by our staff. Your feedback on our friendly staff is great motivation for them to constantly give their best. We are glad that you have enjoyed our facility and had a good cycle around town.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have Been staying here for my visit to Labuan for many years. Friendly and helpful staff. The Location is great. Love the ginger bread house that was set for Xmas. Bought a slot on the brick coz the funds will be used for charity. Keep up the good work.

Stayed December 2016, travelled on business
Dorsett Grand L, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Labuan, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Kenneth T670,

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are happy that you have a pleasant stay. Appreciate for your support on our charity event by buying the Ginger Bread House's block. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have traveled to Labuan for business for the last two years staying anywhere from a few days to two months and have stayed at the Dorsett and my experience there has been excellent!

It started as I entered the hotel and was greeted by the personnel at the front door and the staff working at the front desk. Morning, noon or night, it made no difference, I was always greeted with a smile and a welcome back greeting.

Here are my experiences:

Breakfast: The complimentary breakfast provides a great selection of juices and fruits and so much more. Personal favorite was the eggs made to order and I highly recommend the cheese omelet.

Lunch: A full lunch buffet provides a large number of choices and is great for either a business lunch or a casual bite to eat. The large variety serves to satisfy a number of different appetites. Since it is served buffet style, all the food was ready to go and made for a quick bite to eat during the day.

Center bar: I loved the center bar to grab a beverage or casual meal in the evening. It has a very relaxed environment and a menu with lots of food choices. The bonus was the bar had two different happy hours which makes the beverages very affordable.

Rooms: I found the king size bed to be very comfortable and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job caring for the room and I. The housekeeping staff were professional and always cleaned my room very timely. The internet connection was excellent and it made it easy for me to work from the hotel when my job demands required it.

Executive rooms: I found the executive rooms to be of great value on my longer stays and it allows one to have access to the lounge. Inside the lounge, they provided cold beverages and light food selections. It was an excellent way to wind down after working all day with a cold drink and grab a snack.

Overall: My experience at the Dorsett was amazing and I found all the staff to be very professional and pleasant to be around. They saw to my needs for the last two years and I grateful for the hospitality they extended towards me. I found all the staff to be pleasant to be around and I think it originates with the tone at the top from the General Manager, Susan Carlos. I can’t thank you enough for you and your staff’s hospitality and assistance while I stayed there.

If your work or holiday takes you to Labuan, I would highly suggest the Dorsett both for the kind staff as well as the excellent value received at the hotel.

Best wishes for a great 2017!

Room Tip: If possible, a view of the water is very nice!
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Dear KurtBush,

On behalf of my team, allow me to thank you for your wonderful review and we are truly pleased that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our friendly staff. Feedback like this is great motivation for our staff to constantly give their best. We are glad that you have enjoyed our foods selections, services & facilities reached your expectations.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

3rd time o Labuan after accommodating at Billion and Tiara and wanted to give Dorsett a try. All i can say is "regrets" for a 5 start hotel standard
dust
Not denying excellent check in and check out service with big rooms. Breakfast nothing much to shout about for a 5 star hotel reputation. One look from outside very classy. Internally it is an old design, with very old dusty carpet. Stayed there for two nights and three days and never saw even once the carpet being vacumed. That answers why the dust. Was sneezing all throughout in the room. Not worth for the price

• Stayed December 2016, travelled solo
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear Dharroshan,

First and foremost, thank you for selecting Dorsett Gran Labuan for your accommodation needs during your recent visit to Labuan.

It is with great concern that I read your comments about the services you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that this situation is being addressed and reviewed with the department concerned, to further reinforce the standard of our service.

We take great pride in being able to provide the best service possible and constantly strive for perfection. It appears that in your case, we have failed to live up to our own standards of services.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you and we thank you for your feedback. It is only by receiving feedbacks from our guests that we are able to overcome any deficiencies. Though nothing can be done to change your past experience, I hope you will allow us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back to the Dorsett Grand Labuan.

Susan Carlos