“Superb location .... for relaxing and serenity”

Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Labuan Island
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Very nice hotel, good Restaurant and swimming pool. Before booking the hotel I saw the reviews on trip advisor and requested hotel for a non smelly and non smoking room facing sea front (based on negative reviews on trip advisor). Hotel had booked nice room absolutely doesn't gave any chance to complain. Nice and friendly staff, Good services, good breakfast (still place for improvement to add variety) and nice food as Bunga Mas restaurant.

Good place to attain serenity.... By sitting at sea shore and listen to superb music played by sea waves and blowing wind.

Room Tip: Facing sea front
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nandkishore-K21
There are newer reviews for Palm Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

During my vacation on Labuan I came everyday to this hotel at daytime because of the big swimming pool located on a nice beach. It has clean water, comfortable chairs, shower and friendly staff. The hotel is a sister hotel to Tiara so I was allowed to use the pool for free, which is very welcome. On a short distance from the hotel is the Chimney museum which is worth to visit.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colonel Lime
Reviewed 20 October 2016

This is indeed a nice resort. It is the only one in Labuan that attached with a beach. If you know the history of the plant, it is definitely worth for what the price I paid.

Let's talk about good point first.
The location is far from town, but very quiet. It is perfect, if you want to find a peaceful place to lying down reading books and get a sunburn.
Swimming pool is big.
Rooms are BIG!
The staffs are polite and friendly.
Breakfast, not much, but sufficient.
F&B in the resort, the price is ok. Once you are here, no need forcing yourself going out.

Complaint
There are too many sandflies even at the poolside. I am sure something can be done, though actually it is not the resort's fault.

Something I cannot understand.
At the moment I arrived at the hotel, during checking-in of my three nights of stay, I have been noticed that the hotel has no electricity, the power only could be recovered after 2PM. Later, I was told that the time changed to 5PM. About 5 PM, in my room, I got electricity back. Which was fine. The following day, housekeeping came to my room and asked me to call to the front desk. I called to the front desk, they told me that I had to move to another room, due to the unsolved electricity issue. The front desk staff promised me that a hotel staff will help me move the luggage. After I packed everything, I informed the front desk and a housekeeping staff came to my room later, without bringing any trolley. It ends up as my friend and I have to bring most of my luggage by ourselves. As the result, we moved from block 2 to block 3. The new room was smelly!

The thing that I could not understand is, I booked the hotel in two weeks in advance. If block 2 has a power issue, then why have to put me at block 2 at the first place (I have to say that block 2 has a better elevator and the room is also better. So I have to value their efforts to provide the best to customers.)? The staff suppose to help us move the room, why did not bring any trolley? Asking customer changing rooms is already an embarrassment for a hotel, I cannot understand why they put us in a smelly room, while the hotel is empty and I believe there are lots of better rooms they can upgrade us to, as an apology.

It was just too much drama for a holiday.

There's another issue. The hotel has a very good swimming pool, and an awesome poolside bar! My friend and I went to the bar, trying to order some drinks. You know what happened? They cannot charge to our room! Either during check-in, we put a deposit at front desk, or have to bring a credit card or cash to pay at the poolside bar! Do you think somebody already paid few hundred Ringgit for the room will running away just to avoid paying 10-20 Ringgit poolside bar bill? As the result, we could not spend any money at poolside.

Then the breakfast, I have to say the breakfast is acceptable. The fruits are high quality. They even have 2-3 chefs cooking laksa, kwetiau and so on so on, at least 5 (I think) diffent types of noodle. Yet, they are really cutting cost from bread. The bread they served for the breakfast was really the cheap one from the supermarket. I do not know why they have to be so particular of noodle.

Room Tip: choose rooms from Block 2, the elevator is better.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Stay here for 6 days, after urban Kota-Kinabalu. I really enjoyed every minute in this hotel. Friendly staff on the reception and all around the hotel, always can help you.
There is free shuttle bus to the town/airport and back to the hotel, was very convenient to go to the hotel and back.
The pool is great with pool bar in it. The price for food and beverage is cheap, cheaper then in Kota-Kinabalu. The food is tasty and delicious. Had dinner often in the hotel.
The breakfast has various choose of food, can't be hungry, really satisfied with breakfast.
The sea is just in front of the pool, many facilities to seat near the sea, beautiful view.
Had room in the second block on the 4th floor in the corner, it'd enormous huge and comfortable. You can find everything in. Big clothes storage, can put all your suitcases inside. There are bathtub and shower in the bathroom, you can choose what do you like more.
Strongly recommended to come here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inesochka
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located at one of the most beautiful spot in Labuan. Nice beach and an amazing sunset. However, the facilities and also the staff attentiveness is below par.

With a bit of sprucing up, this place can be very much desirable again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business