“Taman Negara without a tour”

Taman Negara National Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$126.00*
and up
Day Tour National Park (Taman Negaran Rainforest...
Ranked #11 of 180 things to do in Pahang
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Make sure any holiday to Malaysia includes a trip to Taman Negara National Park. The 135 million year old rainforest is definitely worth a visit.
It's easy to visit the National Park without the need for a tour. We used Han Travel to get from KL and back, and the boat ride was a treat.
We did a few treks (without a guide) to Lata Bersok and Bukit Teresek - the paths are really well signposted.
The canopy walk is now closed on Thursdays, so plan accordingly.
We did a night jungle walk which was a great experience. Ana(conda) our guide was highly motivated and knowledgeable. We didn't see any of the big animals, but did see amazing reptiles and insects.
Overall, a must-see spot, and you don't need to take expensive tours.

8  Thank Amanda_johnst75
"park office"
"days nights"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing experience with wild elephants. I stay 6 days in a beautiful guest house, you will find a lot of guest houses in the villages next to the park. I saw a lot of wilds animals alone with my bf. Attention in the forest, we were attacked by wild elephants. Don’t do treks when it’s raining a lot...the elephants and the guide didn’t listen each other :(
I will come back to this rain forest with pleasure. Best wildlife experience ever!!! Amazing animals and wonderful wild experience :)

4  Thank Sofia S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This place is honestly amazing and I don't think I will ever forget visiting there. Whether it was the boat ride there, the hospitality of the staff or the cabin we stayed in this was an experience of a lifetime. The nature walk was really great too and we got to swim in the river. Would one hundred percent recommend.

1  Thank Tamzin W
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We spent only 2 nights at this resort but I will desire to get here again in my life. To get to the resort you have to cross the river with a local boat (2 minutes). The employee of the resort welcome their guest at the entrance very kindly. Itself the resort is beautiful park in the jungle, with small bungalows. Interior of these bungalows fits to the atmosphere of the resort. We loved it! The staff of the resort is professional, I enjoyed to talked to them as they liked this place. We ate phenomenal meals (local and international) so I liked to say many thank to the chef. We took excursions leading by employees of the resort and we learnt a lot about this phantastic world.
I could recommend this resort for the nature lovers!

1  Thank mazsu2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We signed up for this tour to experience and to explore the rainforest jungle. We found the staff available to solve any need. Taking the 4 hours bus ride followed by a 3 hour motorized canoe ride is recommended and I second that. The resort is more touristy than I hoped and we really did not see any wildlife. But the small creatures and insects we saw were interesting as were the hikes and the visit to a village of Oranj Asli. The opportunity for a great massage at a reasonable price was very special. The guides are excellent and provide much information.