“nice hotel”

Rocana Hotel Kuantan
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

ive stay for 1 day for my 1st trip to kuantan and i see alot pf hotel in kuantan. later i see this hotel advertising at gambang and i decided to stay here. upon my check in, the was a hustle at the reception complaining about wifi, i just let it go since i have nothing to do with it. the room was nice and tidy, the bathroom was huge and clean. overall is ok and worth a trip

• Stayed August 2012
13 Thank JasonBourn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I travelled to Kuantan occassionally. I stumbled upon this hotel by chance when I was in town scouting for a decent hotel due to an unplanned overnight stay, after my visit to East Coast Mall with my 6-year-old son. The location of the hotel was very convenient, right in the middle of the town centre and within walking distance to another shopping mall, Berjaya Megamall and many banks.

It was a very new hotel, in fact I found out that it was only open 2 months ago. I decided to check in as their rates for a standard room was very attractive - RM108++ with breakfast - not bad for a 3-star hotel.

The room:
The size of the standard room was larger than I expected for the price. I must say I was very impressed with their full amenities provided. A safe deposit box, a mini fridge and complimentary bottled water & coffee, tea - I was happy. My son dozed off within minutes on the bed - the bed and beddings were as good as those in 4 or 5-star hotels. A good selection of Astro channels are available. Our only complaint was that there were no kids-friendly channel available. The room was clean and the toilet was really nice and luxurious. I managed to catch-up on some work before I went to sleep, the speed of the free wifi was surprisingly quite fast.

Service & cafe:
The staffs were generally very courteous and friendly. The food provided at breakfast has a lot of varieties and satisfactory. I especially liked the nasi lemak while my son just loved the western breakfast. However, it will be perfect if they have brewed coffee, which I was told they are looking into providing that in the near future.

It was a very pleasant stay for us. The next time we come to Kuantan, we will definitely stay here again and will want to try their bigger room.

Room Tip: Although all the rooms have windows, ask for a room with a city view at no additional cost.